Counter/Block controls unresponsive??

#1 Posted by DeroxKING (20 posts) -

ok i so i own both AC3 and AC3:L and something im struggling wiht in the Vita version is the un-responsiveness of the counter controll.

in AC3 when an enemy is about to strike and/or has that red triangle above their head symboling they are about to attack, you press circle , and you will block and it goes into slow mo for a second soo you can chose what kind of counter you want to purport.

in AC3:Liberation, i try doing the same thing, but the counter never seem to happen, and i allways get hit. the onyl way to block ive found is to just hold down the circle button....

soo im just wondering if this is normal??? is there any way to counter properly??? and if soo, how would i go about doing so??

#2 Posted by theexperience13 (236 posts) -

Im having the same problem and Ive been looking online praying someone has the answer

#3 Posted by I_AM_MEGATRON (374 posts) -

ok i so i own both AC3 and AC3:L and something im struggling wiht in the Vita version is the un-responsiveness of the counter controll.

in AC3 when an enemy is about to strike and/or has that red triangle above their head symboling they are about to attack, you press circle , and you will block and it goes into slow mo for a second soo you can chose what kind of counter you want to purport.

in AC3:Liberation, i try doing the same thing, but the counter never seem to happen, and i allways get hit. the onyl way to block ive found is to just hold down the circle button....

soo im just wondering if this is normal??? is there any way to counter properly??? and if soo, how would i go about doing so??

DeroxKING

thats odd. it works for me. always press circle when that red triangle appears, screen goes into slo mo and changes colors into black and white. youre then ready for a counter attack

#4 Posted by Mewt2021 (47 posts) -

I have the same issue, which is a shame because its the biggest flaw I'm finding with the game so far. Sometimes it works and I don't know why. Other times it just parries the attack and that's only when I stand still and repeatedly tap the Circle button, but more often than not it just doesn't do anything and I find myself taking the brunt of most attacks. It's a problem that Ubisoft need's to fix and I wish they would have just stuck with ACII's combat for this game because it was a system they learned to perfect and would have been easier to duplicate onto Vita instead of a new unreliable system we won't see fixed till the next game in the ACIII series

#5 Posted by I_Fancy_Myself (52 posts) -

[QUOTE="DeroxKING"]

I_AM_MEGATRON

thats odd. it works for me. always press circle when that red triangle appears, screen goes into slo mo and changes colors into black and white. youre then ready for a counter attack

Black and white!? Slow mo?! I don't experience any of that! Wtf is wrong with my version of the game? I'm having the same issues as the OP.

#6 Posted by Bull-Taser (1 posts) -
Yeah. Same thing happened to me. Some times, it works, but mostly not. I can't seem to understand why. You know, maybe it helps to change controls via menu? Worked for my friend, i haven't tried it yet, cuz right now I'm busy. I will try tonight, but i cant promise anything. I'll answer if it worked, Cya
#7 Posted by MachineCult0 (1 posts) -
I've had the same problem as the OP until today. People keep saying that countering on AC3 on the PS3 is the same as AC3 Liberation but this is false, on the PS3 you can HOLD circle to block with slomo and then counter but in Lib holding circle will get you nowhere. Hold circle to just block, but if you want to counter, wait for the red triangle and TAP circle, DO NOT HOLD. When you tap circle at the right moment the game will go black and white and slomo and then you can counter. Unlike AC3 on the PS3 you cannot choose the length of time the game is in slomo. Hope this helps, as I haven't seen someone specifying that you have to tap and not hold circle anywhere.