With an extremely long satisfying campaign, tons of bonus content and great gameplay, Assassins Creed 2 impresses!

User Rating: 9.5 | Assassin's Creed II PS3
So I just finished playing Assassins Creed 2 on my PS3 and I can officially say Assassins Creed 2 is an completely fantastic game.

Length/Content/Replay Value: 10/10

This aspect of the game was perfect. The campaign took me FOREVER to beat and that was a very, very good thing. There are 14 DNA Sequences in the main campaign that you have to beat and to move on to the next DNA Sequence you must complete various objectives. AND THESE ARE VERY, VERY, VERY LONG! Each DNA Sequence took me a good 30 minutes to an hour and some even took two hours. Overall, the campaign took me about 15-25 hours to complete and that is a great, satisfying length. Trust me, this game will keep you busy for weeks and weeks and that is exactly what I want. It almost feels like the game as endless and you really do want to keep playing forever. I gave this section a 10 because the longer the campaign, the more time you will be kept busy and playing, and that's always a good thing! Also, the amount of content and replay value in this game is amazing. After you have beaten the campaign, there are 100 feathers spread out for you to collect. There are treasures filled with cash also spred out for you to collect. You can continue to spend and collect cash to upgrade your stronghold/castle. There are also shops around town where you can upgrade your armour, pouch and buy objects. You can also explore Assassin's tombs. Assassin's tombs are these explorable puzzle areas where you have to complete puzzles to fully explore them. You can complete beat-em-up challenges, where you go and beat up and group of people for money. You can complete side assassinations missions all around italy after you beat the campaign. You can also look for viewpoints and synchronize the viewpoints. All of this stuff: upgrading your castle, exploring Assassin's tombs, finding feathers, finding treasures, pickpocketing money so that you can buy things from stores, completing beat-em-up missions, synchronizing viewpoints, completing side assassination missions and also just going around the free-roam world... all these things are available after you have beaten the campaign so replay value and content is also a great aspect of the game.
Overall, I awarded this section a 10 because the replay value after you beat the campaign is practically endless. The length/content of the game is great because the campaign is 20-25 hours long, and there is a lot of content and things to do after you beat the campaign. And overall the game was just amazing in this section. Great work, Ubisoft!

Basic Gameplay/Controls: 9/10
The basic gameplay at work in Assassins Creed 2 is platforming, assassinating (obviously), and straight-up sword fighting. At many parts you will be platforming along rooftops, and through streets and tombs, and many times you will be requested to assassinate and take down certain targets or fight large crowds of enemies. These are all great fun and work very well. Platforming to get to objectives is a breeze and the conflict/fighting is fun due to simple, easy to remember controls. Assassinating targets is also fun, and the stealth works well (you will need to think about your moves). When your not fighting, assassinating, or platforming you will be exploring. Italy is free-roam in this game and the world around you is beautiful and filled with details. Walking around towns, going to stores, pickpocketing people and looking around the enviornments for hidden collectables and other things is welcome and very satisfying.

Presentation: 4/5
Now I rate this section out of 5 because it is not worth as much to me. Of course, I always put gameplay and content before presentation in a video game. But this game does look great. The buildings look fantastic, the plants, rocks and so on when you're exploring in the wilderness looks good. Everything is just stylized beyond belief and taking in your surroundings is fun. Italy feels living, with people walking around the streets discussing matters with each other. Guards protetcting the roofs of buildings and horses galloping around farm feilds. The word is vivid and mesmerizing, and soaking it all in is truly enjoyable.

Overall: 9.3/10
Overall, with the extremely long, satisfying campaign, the loads of bonus content, replay value and things to do, the great fighting and platforming techniques, and the beautiful, vivid enviornments that feel and look alive; this game earned a 9.3/10 overall which is rounded up to a 9.5/10. Thank your for reading my review and you can expect more to come.

BUY, RENT, OR SKIP?
BUY (You won't even be able to finish it if you rent!)