Live broadcasting to streaming site Twitch from the Xbox One will be arriving in 2014, Microsoft said today, with the company saying it is aiming to add the feature in "the first part" of the year. The PlayStation 4 currently supports broadcasting directly to Twitch.
When the Twitch Xbox One application first launches, Microsoft says, Xbox Live Gold users will be able to watch any broadcast on the live streaming video service. The Twitch application will also integrate into the Xbox OneGuide, and make use of the console's Snap and instant switching features.
Microsoft has also detailed the 10 media achievements that will feature in the Twitch application for Xbox One:
- Newcomer: watch one hour of live video
- Competitive: watch 10 hours of live video
- Best Viewer: watch 100 hours of live video
- Hipster: watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers
- Talent Scout: watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers
- Max Bandwidth: watch a single channel for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around The Clock: watch at least one minute of live video in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time: watch 10 hours of live video between 19:30 and 23:30 on weekdays.
- Night Owl: watch content throughout the nighttime.
- Standing Room Only: join a broadcast being watched by at least 100,000 viewers.
Earlier today Microsoft detailed the specifics of its Project Upload feature, which will upload gameplay clips to SkyDrive.
Microsoft will launch the Xbox One this Friday, November 22.