On the same day that Sony announced the PlayStation 4 has sold 2.1 million systems worldwide, Microsoft has fired back with its own declaration of the Xbox One's success, though an updated sales figure was not provided.
In a statement on the Xbox Wire, Microsoft said the Xbox One is seeing "unprecedented demand," noting that retailers are "working around the clock" to re-stock the system. In the 11 days since launch, people have spent 50 million hours consuming games and entertainment on Xbox One, Microsoft said.
"We are humbled and gratified by the overwhelming response from our fans to the launch of Xbox One. Eleven days in we are seeing record-breaking sales and are selling every Xbox One we can make," Microsoft marketing executive Yusuf Mehdi said.
Though Microsoft did not share an updated Xbox One sales figure, the company did release a number of new statistics surround the device. These are listed below.
- Over 3 billion zombies killed in Dead Rising 3
- Over 90 million miles driven in Forza Motorsport 5 – equal to 3,673 trips around the world
- Over 186 million enemies defeated in Ryse: Son of Rome
- Over 150 million combos in Killer Instinct
- Over 415 million Gamerscore Points Achieved