Your assignment is to write up an editorial focusing on the Nintendo, their past, present, and future. Deadline to have your entries submitted is May 3rd, at 12:00pm PST
During the week that went by Nintendo held one of their many Nintendo Direct live streams. It left many users with an overall positive impression, however at the same time Nintendo once again ignited discussion and a great many flame wars.
For this weeks Chalk Talk we will be taking a look at Nintendo.
Need some Inspiration? Consider the following topics:
- Nintendo as of late seems to rely to much on nostalgia and well established worn out brands. Is this a good thing? Do they need to reinvent the wheel or if it's not broken should they not worry about fixing it?
- Consider Nintendo's announcement about not having a Press Conference during E3 2013 because they wish to "Utilize our direct communication tools, such as Nintendo Direct, to deliver information to our Japanese audience and we will take the same approach outside Japan for the overseas fans." Is this a smart play for them or is this writing on the wall.
- Will the Wii U become profitable? It's been shown that the Wii U has not been quite the hot ticket that Nintendo had hoped it would be (according to profits from the last fiscal year). But according to Nintendo they have plans to change that. What would you do to help improve the Wii U's image? Or do you feel that the Wii U simply has a bad due to baseless claims from "Nintendo Hater".
Chalk Talk submissions must include the following:
- Entries must be a minimum of 500 words
- Do not use altered text fonts, colors, and be aware of your formatting.
- Select at least one image to act as your "cover shot".
- Submissions are due May 3rd, at 12:00pm PST, please submit as a link in the comments below.
Important Note! There will be no Chalk Talk Feature posted on May 10th.