- Now Playing is our new name for Advanced Screening, which is basically a pretty label for our live gameplay marathons. Today's episode will take you 1 hour into Halo ODST. Sadly, no emblem announced for this event. We'll have a chatroom button on the right side of the page about 20 minutes prior.
- Game Heroes Round 3 started a few hours ago. Get in your vote for your favorites. Also, for those of you who want to know the latest scoop about this feature, click on the home tab located on the feature for the details.
- GameSpot's Smackdown vs Raw 2010 Draft special now has a replay available for those of you who missed out on the live event. Also, we posted the trivia winners of the prize bundles in the Producer's Note.
- The latest Game Heroes emblem was announced. We do have a variety more up for our sleeves, but you should note that these are the two primary ones the majority will receive for participating. Also note that staff still have to pull up those of you who did not complete your brackets properly. I'll post an announcement once we had out those as well.
- League of Legends: Clash of Fates beta giveaway! We have 20,000 beta keys to give away to U.S. residents. Be sure to check the system specifications found on the right side of the page before requesting a key.
- Skipping Random teh Awesome, user videos and user reviews due to this week being extreme busy with broadcasts galore! I blame the Game Heroes Bub & Bob haters/fans, Smackdown vs Raw, and Halo ODST marathon.
Member Spotlight: Garrison_Ford
This week's member spotlight goes to Garrison_Ford for his woes about work blocking GameSpot. What would you do if you were blocked to check the site during lunch breaks? Be sure to give him some tips to get him through the day!
Tip of the Week
This week's tip has bee requested by demand since we brought back our weekly broadcast, On the Spot now known as Today on the Spot. We have read your emails, forum posts, comments and private messages galore! You have all been super excited about having the opportunity to win prizes three times a week. Some of the tips below may likely increase your chances of winning a trivia prize
1. Fast forwarding cheaters are not considered. Make sure to answer the entire show up until the trivia time.
2. Logging in and using the submit answer button fills in your contact information for you!
3. Make sure your contact information is up to date, including your email as we may send you a notice about your prize. Email bounces may cause you to be ineligible for a prize
4. If you are new registrant, fill in your contact information to enhance your chances of being considered.
5. Only one winner per prize and TOTS episode
6. Include your t-shirt size when you answer the trivia question. Be sure to mention the name of the prize you are trying for!
7. Prizes take 4-6 weeks to receive if you live in the United States. If you live outside U.S., the prizes take about 6-8 weeks.
8. The types of winners we select vary depending on the kind of show we have.
9. Submit your answers the day the show was published to enhance your chances of being selected!
10. We plan to start posting the winners list in the Producer's Note site blog.
Note that these 10 bullets only serves the condensed version of the tip of the week. Be sure to read the tip of the week article for a further explanation.
Also, if you have never watched a GameSpot Today on the Spot episode, you may participate in these trivia sessions by checking out the schedule located on the front page of GameSpot. Scroll to the right side where it says GameSpot originals.