- If you are interested in fighting adventure games we have about 50,000 early access beta keys to give away for Dungeon Fighter Online.
- Call of Duty World at War game night begins at 4:30 next Tuesday, September 15th. If you don't own a Nintendo Wii, post in the discussion thread on whether or not you plan to drop by to play your console. We can call it a Call of Duty series celebration!
- Game Heroes feature concerns of poll rigging have been addressed a few times by staff. We have done numerous investigations and the so-called poll rigging does NOT work. Please read both notices about the concerns located in the previous posts in this site blog.
Member Spotlight: rykh
This week's member spotlight goes to rykh for his creative editorial about his favorite game developers and how they all have one thing in common, the letter B! Here is an excerpt: "These happened to Bethesda, Bungie, Bioware, Black Isle, and last but not least Blizzard. "
Guitar Hero 5 (X360) AK_the_Twilight
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS) AzelKosMos
Duke It Out in D.C .(PC) ChristianKiss
Bit.Trip Core (Wii) c_rake
Fallout 3 Game Add-On Pack (PC) LGTX
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS) SkylinePigeon
Primal (PS2) SYdoggXxX
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (PC) Azghouls
SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny (PSP) charizard1605
Golden Sun (GBA) bluej33
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (PS2) ebbderelict
Dissidia: Final Fantasy (PSP) khoofia_pika
Klonoa (Wii) NeonNinja
SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny (PSP) shabulia
Randomness Teh Awesome
- Edubuccuneer talks about the Dreamcast's 10th anniversary!
- JustPllainLucas has some tips to overcome challenges in a game.
- Subforti talks about Oblivion's horse armor.
- Canana has a three game comparison article about Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 vs Need For Speed Shift
- Jd1680a has posted some pros and cons about building a custom gaming PC.
I figured that sometimes staff needs a little corner to show their activity in the community. Staff have recently left behind their fingerprints in the following places!
- Justin Calvert started playing World of Warcraft again, this time he decided to make his ideal mission to fish in the game. .
- Chris Watters posted a comment in D_West's blog to address some concerns about the Beatles Rock Band review.
- Shaun McInnis gave away an in-game avatar Beatle's shirt in his blog earlier this week. The winner of the avatar beatles shirt went to dj_pulserfan.
- Sophia Tong mentioned talks a little about Trials HD in her blog.
- tiggerboy attended PAX this year and posted some pictures of his experience.
- Skipping the featured user videos for the week.
Tip of the Week
This week's tip is about reporting and ignoring user conduct. With the conspiracy about Game Heroes poll rigging, some of you have been upset with new registrants posting offensive, flaming and trolling posts. Here are some tips about ways to overcome being a target from users who have no credibility on the site.
1) INVESTIGATE: Check to see how long the user has been a registrant. If registration happened around the end of August 2009, which is when the game heroes page was published, report and ignore. If the account is an older registrant who finally desired to post on the site (low post count) report the abuse if the user is flaming or being offensive.
2) DO NOT RESPOND TO TROLLING. Responding to a troll gives the abusive user a chance to flag you for flaming them. Sure, you might have backed up Mario, Luigi and their sisters, but now the abusive troll has a reason to report your conduct. Bottom line, flaming is definitely worse than trolling conduct. Do not give them the ammo to flag your posts. If you are frustrated, post a blog about it but do not name any usernames as this will be a direct flame.
3) STAY OUT OF THE LINE OF FIRE. If you find that any GameSpot feature is being flooded with abusive users, do not post in these areas of the site. By doing so it is much like walking into a building while knowing that there is a bomb. Why get caught in the collateral damage? You are better off reporting the abuse you come across.
4) MINGLE WITH USERS WHO MATTER TO YOU. Forget about those who have no credibility on the site. Users lack credibility when they have not established a foothold in the community. They are often found as low post count or recently registered. Bottom line, if you have never heard of a user, do not believe anything he or she has to say.