I have so much to tell you this week. Here is the latest scoop of all things community.
GameSpot Shows: Check out the GameSpot Live Union for links to the shows.
Featured User Videos (forums directory)
- Goofy, You're Supposed to Die! By TissueShoe
- Gears of War 2 movie preview by 5sonsmom
You all made it tough to choose this week! Here are some additional honorable mentions!
- Video Blog 5 by jediknight52501
- GTA fail 2 by dynam3
- My Top 5 Moments in Fallout 3 by RandomWarrior69
- How to Make Electronic Music by so_hai
Blog of the Week: jsmoke03 gets serious about the PlayStation 3 and Killzone2. Read all about it in his blog 'Will Killzone 2 reverse the ps3's fortune?'
Two honorable mentions.
- There Should Only Be Two Consoles by daqua_99.
- One day… by Fobeus. Want something to make you smile? Check out his image.
User Reviews: This week's pick was chosen out of a batch of recent game releases.
Note: PS3 players, get writing! Xbox 350 players are writing more reviews than you are.
February Mod of the Month: Congrats to GabuEx!
Who would you have chosen for the Mod of the Month? Each time we post a new mod of the month some of you ask why there isn't a type of users' choice award. Well, we have decided to have a little fun with the mod of the month selections. The moderator of the month will still be chosen by the mods, but the main difference is how everyone gets to participate in voting after we have chosen the mod. Check out the vote thread for the scoop!
- Gamespot User Video Contest #4 is happening over at the GS User Video Union.
- GameSpot User interview with cousin_edd y over at Social Cafe Union.
- More Union activities? Let us know.
Tip of the Week: Have you come across a warning mark in your moderation history about a review? It's your opinion you say. Well, user reviews are based on your opinion, but there are some guidelines to follow. Sometimes that content you posted is better for an editorial blog in your profile. We recently updated the review guidelines form to reflect the purpose of the user reviews. Here is a quick rundown of these guidelines:
- Reviews should be about the game.
- Do not write about a demo or trial of the game, post these in your blog.
- Never played the retail game and only viewed a video or some screens? Post these opinions in your blog.
- The game is awesome or it stinks? Back up your opinions with facts. Merely stating "this game sucks" or "this game is the best" is not enough.
Customer Support Notice: If you have sent an inquiry about a moderation issue recently, we have changed the way you will receive a response for moderation concerns. Here are some guidelines to consider.
1. Banned, suspended or pending status – anyone who cannot access the site should contact support. Any inquiries will be answered after all subscription inquiries have been answered.
2. Warnings and Points loss – warnings are marks in your moderation history that are overlooked until you continue with the same conduct. Anyone asking about why they received a warning should ask their question in the Ask the Mod board. The same goes for points loss moderations.
Until next week!