[UPDATE 2] And it's over! Hope you enjoyed it.
[UPDATE] During a Q&A session that followed the presentation, Hideo Kojima made some interesting revelations:
- If he could remake any of his past games, he would choose the original Metal Gear Solid.
- One of the most memorable games he's ever worked on was Metal Gear.
- If he could play the lead role in any movie, he would play a character who doesn't talk a lot; someone like Mad Max 2's Mel Gibson.
- He watches one movie per day, but not when he's traveling. This keeps him motivated and energized.
- He sleeps four hours a night, something his doctor isn't too happy about.
- His original goal for Silent Hills was to create a game that made you "pee your pants," but now he wants it to be a game that makes you "s**t your pants."
The original story is below.
The special Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain preview event takes place today at 11 AM PDT / 2 PM EDT, and according to Konami, you won't want to miss it. The 60-minute event will be streamed live on Twitch, and you can watch the show right here on GameSpot.
Konami will reveal the "latest details" on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain during the event, while Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima himself will "exclusively present new gameplay" for the title. This video will showcase what Konami describes as the "impressive capabilities of Kojima Productions' breathtaking FOX Engine and more."
According to Konami, what the publisher will show from The Phantom Pain will give you an idea of the "sheer scale and ambition" of the game. The special event will also include a live Q&A session with Kojima, as well as a "few surprises." Yesterday, it was revealed that Kojima is working on a new Silent Hill game with moviemaker Guillermo del Toro.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is coming to Xbox 360,Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4, though no release date whatsoever has been announced. During Sony's Gamescom briefing yesterday, Kojima showed off some new gameplay, and it was quite quirky.
|Eddie Makuch is a news editor at GameSpot, and you can follow him on Twitter @EddieMakuch|
|Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com|