Epic Games announced the winners of its third round of the "$1,000,000 Nvidia Make Something Unreal" mod-making contest for Unreal Tournament 2004. The contest awarded $150,000 to 52 teams in the third round. The 11 category winners took home varying amounts based on the category, with the best first-person shooter mod winning $25,000 and the best audio modification grabbing $2,500.
The 11 category winners are as follows:
- Best first-person shooter (FPS) Red Orchestra
- Best non-FPS Alien Swarm
- Best Level CTF-CBP2-Pistola
- Best Level With Original Content DM-CPB2-KillyBilly Barn
- Best Mutator Unreal4Ever MSU Edition
- Best Model MonstAr
- Best Voice Pack (or Audio Modification) Alien Swarm
- Best Vehicle Clone Bandits
- Best Tool Ushock
- Best Game Type Jailbreak 2004
- Best Use of Karma Physics Unwheel
The contest is currently accepting entries at its official Web site for the fourth round. Players can also download all 11 winning mods at the site.