Naughty Dog's post-apocalyptic PlayStation 3 exclusive The Last of Us is the first game of 2012 to hold the UK chart for four consecutive weeks.
BioShock Infinite and Dead Island: Riptide both managed to secure three weeks at the top of the chart earlier this year, while Square Enix's Tomb Raider reboot managed two.
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition holds onto second place, with FIFA 13 enjoying a resurgence in third.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf drops to fourth, followed by Assassin's Creed III in fifth, Tomb Raider in sixth, and Call of Duty: Black Ops II in seventh.
The Sims 3: Island Paradise is eighth, Deadpool ninth, and Far Cry 3 rounds out the top 10.
Namco Bandai's 3DS RPG Project X Zone is the only new entry in the charts, securing 18th position in its debut week.
The Top 20 UK chart for the week ending July 6:
1. The Last of Us
2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
3. FIFA 13
4. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
5. Assassin's Creed III
6. Tomb Raider
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
8. The Sims 3: Island Paradise
10. Far Cry 3
11. Injustice: Gods Among Us
12. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
13. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
14. BioShock Infinite
15. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition
16. God of War: Ascension
17. GRID 2
18. Project X Zone
19. Luigi's Mansion 2
20. LEGO The Lord of the Rings