The retail release of Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition has blocked all competition from the top of the UK charts for a second week running.
Pikmin 3, which finished last week in second, dropped sharply out of the top 10 to 15th. The Last of Us climbed to second, followed by Animal Crossing: New Leaf in third.
FIFA 13, now in its forty-fifth week in the charts, finished in fourth place.
Movie tie-in The Smurfs 2 climbed twenty places to finish fifth, a 115 percent increase in week-on-week sales buoyed by the release of the accompanying film.
The rest of the top 10 was filled by all the usual suspects: Far Cry 3 in sixth, LEGO Batman 2 seventh, Call of Duty: Black Ops II in eighth, Tomb Raider ninth, and Assassin's Creed III tenth.
The only new entry in the charts this week was the budget re-release of Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package in 29th. Its successor, Saints Row IV, is due out at the end of August.
The Top 20 UK chart for the week ending August 3:
1. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
2. The Last of Us
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
4. FIFA 13
5. The Smurfs 2
6. Far Cry 3
7. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
9. Tomb Raider
10. Assassin's Creed III
11. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
12. LEGO The Lord of the Rings
13. Max Payne 3
14. Grand Theft Auto IV
15. Pikmin 3
16. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
17. Battlefield 3
18. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
19. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition
20. The Sims 3: Island Paradise