Will open-world action game Watch Dogs run in 1080p on Xbox One and PlayStation 4? Fans want to know, but Ubisoft isn't prepared to confirm just yet. Writing on Twitter today, creative director Jonathan Morin said "resolution [is] still being finalized on both PS4/Xbox One…"
Unconfirmed reports previously suggested that the PS4 version of Watch Dogs would run in 1080p while the Xbox One iteration would perform at something below that level. If this ends up being the case, it won't be the first time a multiplatform title has been visually superior on Sony's console.
Morin was, however, prepared to answer a question regarding Watch Dogs' frame-rate. He said that the PS4 version's frame-rate is currently "very stable/constant." He didn't say anything about the frame-rate for the Xbox One version of Watch Dogs.
Morin also revealed a smorgasbord of other Watch Dogs details through his Twitter account, the most interesting of which are listed below.
- "Normal" enemies will go down easily (2-3 bullets, or 1 in the case of a headshot).
- If you join invade someone else's game, chases can last for 20-30 minutes if both players are highly skilled.
- There won't be any microtransactions.
- Recommended PC specs are not yet finalized.
- Won't feature "unnecessary gore" for takedowns. "Blood spatter is in there, but don't expect heads blowing up."