GS Mr. Riddles Answers Activity Week 5
We're getting closer to the end of the event, as we are now in week five of our GS Mr. Riddles Answers Activity. After this week, only one more week will remain before your chance to get the rare Mr. Riddles emblem is locked away--with the emblem NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN except by those few and proud who already have it, giving them eternal bragging rights over those who missed osut. If you have any questions about the rules, be sure to check out the guidelines page here.
How to Make Better Video Games Blog Activity
We've all had that moment when playing video games, that moment where you can't help but think to yourself: "Why would they do (blank) like that? They should have done (blank)." Well, now is the chance to speak your mind and be rewarded for your efforts to make games just a little better. In honor of Video Game History Month, we are asking our Spotters to blog about how they would make video game history by bettering the things we all know and love. For more details, go to the rules and guidelines page here.
Half-Life Deathmatch Game Night Replay
This week we decided to honor one of the greatest games of its time: Half-Life. We grabbed our guns and ran about the compound trying to take down Chris Watters, Jody Robinson, and Justin Calvert in an all-out battle. This is just the beginning of our regularly scheduled game nights, so be sure to check out the schedule on the Game Night page. We're also looking for some older games, so drop by the Game Night Union to share your suggestions!
This week's member spotlight goes to Legolas_Katarn for his fantastic blog titled "The five stages of dealing with trolls."
Featured User Video
GabuEx gives us a thesis on Portal 2's ending. **SPOILER WARNING**
- Asagea_888 explains why he's looking ahead toward a new PS3 (and other stuff).
- gbrading says "Crisis? What Crisis?"
- Pierst179 shares his E3 2011 Predictions: You Know It is Coming Edition.
- Setho10 brags about playing Homefront and beating Homefront.
- Aberinkulas talks about Nintendo Consoles: Then, Now, and Later.
- Koi-Neon-X shares his first impressions of L.A Noire.
- Wisebandit explains why arcade games are nice but unconventional.
- DraugenCP gives us a sneak peek at his life as a PC snob.
- Cloud_765 updates us with Part 5 of his blog called "My Top 100 Video Games."
- YearoftheSnake5 shares thoughts on the Wii 2 and the next generation.
- IslandBros15 talks about his beloved Pokemon: "It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata!"
- SuperfastSonic tells us which five Disney Worlds he'd like to see in the next Kingdom Hearts.
- kfJl talks about anime and other stuff.
- biggest_loser reviews Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
- SaintLeonidas reviews the movie Bridesmaids.
- Sophia Tong and her puppy Baily are up to their same old tricks.
- Tom McShea warns people that The Witcher 2 doesn't care about your feelings.
- Maxwell McGee gets nostalgic as he takes a look back at Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Takeshi Hiraoka shares why he's super-excited about One Piece Unlimited Cruse SP.
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 NeonNinja
- Soul Reaver 2 Gelugon_baat
- Painkiller stevenscott14
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction loopy_101
- Killzone 3 PSFreak1
- Fighters Uncaged Garrison_Ford
- Brink Raikoh_
- Portal 2 Maluigi
- Conduit 2 JustPlainLucas
- Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors siberian142
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire gamefreak197
- Pikmin AK_the_Twilight
- Silent Hill 2 exber
Tip of the Week
This week's tip is about the finer points of writing. Once upon a time Kevin VanOrd wrote a very thorough blog about what to consider when writing editorials. He claimed that you should take some of what he said lightly and some of it seriously because many points can be applied to other forms of written work.
-- Know the rules of grammar and punctuation.
-- Don't stick to a precise format.
-- Avoid cliches.
-- Remember that it's about the game.
-- Think critically.