To celebrate the release of the new Assassins Creed 3 DLC Tyranny of King Washington we're having a creative writing contest.
Your task is to research the story line of the new DLC Tyranny of King Washington and craft a journal entry from the point of view of the crazed King Washington. Tales can feature the characters and historical events encountered with the game and during the appropriate time frame. Once you've crafted your entry, consider heading to the Writers Round Table for a peer review from one of our resident Justicars. After that, post a link to your blog entry in the official contest thread.
To participate, create a blog entry that contains the following:
- A story told from the perspective of "Mad King Washington"
- Be a minimum of 300 words in length
- Include a footnote that indicates your blog entry is for the GameSpot Assassins Creed III: DLC creative writing contest.
We will be selecting three (3) winners to receive the season pass for Assassin's Creed III: The Tyranny of King Washington. Getting you Chapter One: The Infamy, and access to the future episodes upon their release.
Rules and things you should know:
- You must be a GameSpot registrant
- Deadline to submit your entry is March 1st at 10:00pm PT
- Judging will be held in the GameSpot offices by resident Assassins Creed enthusiasts.
- The entry must be submitted in your blog space on gamespot.com or can be sent via email to email@example.com.
For more information you can check out the Official Rules and Guidelines or ask your questions in the comments below.
Assassins Creed III: They Tyranny of King Washington DLC Creative Writing Contest
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD AND AGE OF MAJORITY IN STATE OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO CONTEST. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Contest Entities: CBSI .
1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering the Assassins Creed III: They Tyranny of King Washington DLC Creative Writing Contest (the "Contest") operated on the CBSI Web site accessible at the domain "gamespot.com" (the "CBSI Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Contest, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Contest, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users (as defined below); (b) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia; and (c) at least 18 years old and age of majority in their state of residence or older at the date of entry in the Contest. For purposes of these Official Rules, Registered User (s) means a person that has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a User Identification ("ID") and associated password ("Password") on gamespot.com
Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Contest. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. The Contest is void outside of the 50 U.S., in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Promotional Period. The Promotion begins on Thursday, February 21st 2013 at 12:00:00 PM PT and ends at 11:59:59 AM PT on March 1st 2013 (the "Promotional Period").
4. Entering the Contest. To enter this Contest register into the CBSI Service, sign into the Gamespot community/Art entry area of the CBSI Service and post a comment on the Gamespot Community Art entry (Entry) sharing a link to your original art design. Entry must be in the approved mediums and shall not be disparaging, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, indecent, or in any way promote or incite violence, racial hatred, terrorism, or illegal acts, or be otherwise objectionable in the Sponsors sole discretion. Sponsor may disqualify any entry it deems in its sole discretion to be sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, offensive, illegal, pornographic, obscene, in bad taste, or which otherwise may reflect unfavorably on the Contest Entities. Disqualified entries are not eligible to compete for a prize. Additionally, the entries may not: i) infringe any third partys rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, right of publicity, right of privacy or trade secret and, must not in any way violate applicable laws and regulations; ii) contain libelous or otherwise defamatory statements (including but not limited to words that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); and iii) contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service or contain or reference any third party names, logos, service marks, trademarks, trade names or trade dress. Limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Promotion Period, entries in excess of the limit will be disqualified.User information will be verified through a validated CBSI Service account. If you are not a Registered User you may become a Registered User and obtain an ID and Password by completing the registration form on the gamespot.com Service. There is no fee or charge to become a Registered User.
Grand Prize: Three (3) Grand Prize winners will receive One (1) Season Pass for Assassins Creed III: They Tyranny of King Washington DLC.
6. Prize Restrictions. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of a Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities. Limit one prize per person..
7. Judging. A panel of judges comprised of employees of CBSI (the Judges) will act as the judging organization, whose decision will be final and binding in all respects and on all matters relating to this Contest.
8. Odds/Winner Notification. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period and your skill. On or around March 1st, 2013 the winners will be contacted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Prize Winners will be notified by email and/or by phone. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during five (5) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will only select up to two (2) alternates per winner notification. If no contact has been made with the alternates after a reasonable effort has been made, the prize(s) shall not be awarded. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
9. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, and local and other tax liabilities arising from this Contest, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Prize Winner.
10. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. A Prize Winner may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or the Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
11. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Prize Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use Prize Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, entry, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
12. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Contest, and refuse to award a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Contest or detrimental to other entrants of the Contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Contest. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By Participating, you grant the Contest Entities an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free license, in Participants original entry materials incorporated into the Entry, to publish Participants Entry on the GameSpot Service or other service with no compensation to you. Participant Entry must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of the Contest Entities. Contest Entities and Administrator reserve the right to reproduce the Entry in full or edit and enhance the entry at their discretion. Contest Entities and Administrator are authorized to use the entry as they see fit, including usage in advertising. All entrys are licensed to Sponsor in a perpetual and royalty free manner and will not be returned to Participants. Administrator will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced entries.
13. Integrity of Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and select the Prize Winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
14. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest.
15. Damaged Property. Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from this Contest.
16. Contest Errors. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Contest; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Contest; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
17. Prizes and Prize Winners. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Prize Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Contest.
18. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Contest, including, without limitation, a Prize Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Contest Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Contest and participation in any activity related to this Contest.
19. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE CONTEST AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
21. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
22. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
23. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 22 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
24. Winner List/Official Rules. The full name of the Prize Winners may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on the GameSpot Service.