GameSpot is celebrating the GameFAQs breakup with style by offering GameSpot members a chance at a special treat! Over the next two weeks, GameSpot members posting topics in the new boards on the game page will receive tickets that we'll add to a fishbowl! We are not kidding, we have a real fishbowl!
The challenge starts March 28 at 3:30 p.m. PT, and you have until Sunday April 15 at 11:59 p.m. PT to participate and automatically be entered. The three ticket holders chosen randomly will each receive a $50 Best Buy gift card as a reward! Get your name in the fishbowl enough times, and you could end up with the whole shebang!
Everyone is invited to play, and we mean EVERYONE! Otherwise it wouldn't be a party!
Each user who creates a topic will receive a ticket.
Every topic that becomes a hot topic (the read/unread icon gains flames) becomes five tickets
You can find all the boards needed to participate in this blog entry here. Keep in mind we'll be adding more boards as we go along. But make sure the board does NOT SAY "powered by GameFAQs."
- A user can have only one eligible topic per hour. If a user chooses to create more than one topic in a given hour, staff will select the topic.
- Topics must be a MINIMUM of 20 words in length.
- Duplicate content / plagiarism will not be tolerated. Violators of this rule will be disqualified and moderated.
- We'll be operating on a raffle system. The more topics, the better your chances. If your name is drawn multiple times, you can receive multiple rewards.
- Forum games (YLYL, Hurt/Heal, etc.) or lounge-type discussions will not count as a submission. We do, however, welcome these activities, but they will not be eligible.
- Forum topics created in boards powered by GameFAQs will NOT be counted.
Winners will be announced via a video announcement.
- The better crafted the topic, the better your chances of making it a hot topic.
- Adding visuals such as video or images might increase interest in your topic.
- The more topics you post, the better your chances.
Be sure to check back for other ways you can earn profile points and emblems.
Got a question? Post it in the comments below.