The PlayStation 4 version of MLB 14 The Show will launch on May 6, developer Sony San Diego announced today.
We already knew it would miss Major League Baseball's opening day and debut after the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions on April 1, but now PS4 owners know just how long they'll need to wait to enjoy the extra-awesome beard technology. Sony has not said why the PS4 version is coming later.
MLB 14 The Show for PS4 runs in 1080p at 60fps and includes 1,000 different crowd models, each featuring more than 10,000 polygons. In addition, every stadium has more than 1 million polygons and the game boasts some seriously impressive visuals.
Here's a rundown of some of the most notable features in MLB 14: The Show.
- Quick Counts mode created to get you through a full nine innings in 30 minutes
- A year-to-year saves system that will allow you to carry over your saves to next year's game.
- Cross-platform saves across PS3, PS4, and PS Vita.
- Evolution of Road to the Show mode
- Community Challenges including moments from history and the present alike.
- Universal Profile system that tracks player tendencies.
- Online Franchise mode that features multi-season play.
- Simplified microtransaction strategy
For more on MLB 14: The Show, check out GameSpot's hands-on preview.
|Eddie Makuch is a news editor at GameSpot, and you can follow him on Twitter @EddieMakuch|
|Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org|