why dnt talk and disclose the hardware?
PlayStation 4 should be impressive, especially when it has a comfy looking controller like the GameCube controller :)
i might've missed this but, did it mention BLU-RAY anywhere? o.o
or is it just implied that there will be?
I doubt that I will buy the PS4 when it first comes out because I have to see how it does and how the next Xbox gaming system will do before I make my decision to jump into the next generation.
I don't want to get any of these new consoles at launch but damn that Watch Dogs footage was sweet. If there were more games on show that looked that good, I'd probably have pre-ordered the PS4 straight away. I just hope I can hold off on buying Watch Dogs until I get a next-gen console, rather than buying it on 360 or PS3.
X86 processor and more then 4gb of ram? Thats gonna work....
There's a reason the PC market has moved to 64bit...
ok so basically sony bought bungie and blizzard meaning the xbox and pc whores are doomed for the next gen gaming experience LOL
The big screen in the announcement room which spans 3 walls... imagine if you had that as your gaming set up... lol
This is really sounding like a huge deal for PC gamers everywhere.
Not just the fact that the PS4 is now in almost *every way* a PC, but the fact that it's looking increasingly likely that the 720 will be as well.
All the hardware across all three platforms is unified, and that means 3 things:
1. Games are going to look better an run better across the board, and won't need as long to develop as optimisation for multiple architectures will be unnecessary; PS4/720 games will practically be clones of each other, with the PC versions only differing in that they'll have more menus and graphical tweaking options.
2. PC is going to maintain the technical lead on every multi-platform game as opposed to just some.
3. Japanese developers and others with very underdeveloped experience with the PCs and the x86 architecture are going to have to step up their game and fast, otherwise they're not going to be able to produce anything good on *any* platform, and are going to get left in the dust.
Glad he mentioned right at the beginning that they're moving the focus from the living room to the gamer.
They really needed to stop pretending people wanted a machine to do everything as opposed to something that did gaming really well.
Here’s what’s inside the PS4:
- CPU: Custom AMD Jaguar-based APU chip containing eight X86-64 cores. As it’s APU based, it includes an on-die GPU that’ll be used for physics and AI calculations.
- GPU: AMD Next-generation Radeon based array of 18 complete units generating 1.84 Teraflops of processing power
- 8 GB of unified GDDR5 RAM: GDDR5 is generally used for video ram and is much more suited to transferring large amounts of data rapidly thanks to a much higher memory bandwidth. In short, it’s fast, and offers up to twice the speed of the DDR3 that’s usually used for system memory.
I dislike that it's completely AMD based but they had to cut down costs and AMD is cheaper, I suppose for a console it's gonna be enough.
Really enjoyed the conference... although something I didnt like (REALLY superficial) was the guy between 10:00 and 30:00 . He had this date rapist voice and look.... I don't know xd. Go go PS4 !
I'm glad there was no random famous pop-star on stage, but only people who are really inside gaming.
x86 processor? that meens u cant play games with frostbite engine like BF3 with is using x64 architecture?
here is a link to who wants to watch the whole thing again just skip to 59:39
Does anyone know where to download all game trailers and/or PS Meeting in 720p/1080p quality? Quality of every video I watch is terrible.
Yesterday was a beautiful day, too bad there was soo much people watching all streams, that the official PlayStation website and IGN went down for 30min and GS did not have voice :p I almost cried from happiness and I am glad that I was not let down. 5 minutes into the presentation they just kicked me in the face with announcement of PS4 and were raping me for the rest of the show hehe. Luv you Sony!
@poamar I think it's a logical next step to combine your portable with your home console. Nintendo did it with the Wii U and 3DS, Microsoft doesn't have a portable gaming device, yet. So I think Sony probably thought along the same lines as Nintendo that it makes sense. Who knows, it could be pretty cool.
Thing is, will there be enough PC gamer's with a PC powerfull enough for them to see profit in releasing them for PC in the first couple of years.
@Daian Yeah AMD gave up on the PC performance market a long time ago, instead of sinking into obscurity and only making semi decent video cards they may as well get super rich producing cheap status quo components for both the most powerful upcoming consoles.
@bmramos oh come on buddy, you can do better than that, at least don't troll so obviously next time
@Finalninja447 I also strongly believe that he has dead bodies stuffed inside of his mattress that he sleeps very comfortably on top of. o_O
@mrGEEteamCustom AMD Jaguar-based APU chip containing eight X86-64 cores. Lol, of course you can play Frostbite games on it.
@mrGEEteamits x86-64 architecture...
@ahmad996 they are busy publishing it...will take awhile, so soon you will be able to download as well.
@sev2010 Checking on the status now.
@sev2010 Streaming is a hassle for me, due to poor internet connection~ I need to download the meeting
hm? i read it was an x86 cpu.