Your assignment is to write up an editorial focusing on Microsoft, their past present and future. Deadline to have your entries submitted is May 23rd at 3:00pm PST.
As the Microsoft press conference grows ever closer, rumors begin to gain truth while other speculations are debunked. For this edition of Chalk Talk we will be discussing Microsoft's consoles. You're welcome to explore past, present, and the future pertaining to this clear contender in the war of console domination. Where have they gone wrong? What have they done right?
Other topics and points of inspiration you could consider drawing on for this topic:
- There are many speculations about what the next Xbox will and will not do. Always online, the removal of their currency system, and many others; what are some of the rumors you feel might be hitting a little close to the mark?
- How has the Xbox influenced the games industry for better or for worse over the years?
- What should the line up for the next Xbox look like? Do you feel that they will need to have a dominating presence if they hope to surpass their competitors?
- Consider writing up your very own review of the press conference that will be streaming on May 21st at 10am PDT.
Chalk Talk Submissions should include the following:
- Entries must be a minimum of 500 words
- Do not use altered text fonts, colors, and be aware of your formatting.
- Select at least one image to act as your "cover shot".
- Submissions are due May 23rd, at 3:00pm PST, please submit as a link in the comments below.