Millionaires Double-Up to Dominate Sales
PC Data's facts and figures confirm the popularity of franchises.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
PC Data's list of top-selling games of May 7-May 13, 2000 is here. Disney's Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition shot straight to the top from its previous week's sixth place showing. This confirms that the franchise, based on the popular TV quiz show, is stronger than ever. Electronic Arts' The Sims dipped into second place but continues to perform solidly. Roller Coaster Tycoon and Age of Empires II remained steady in their respective fourth and fifth places, while Ruins of Kunark dropped from third to sixth place after its first week. And finally, the old favorite Starcraft rears its head again, climbing back on the charts to a respectable seventh.
Rank / Title / Publisher / Average Price
1. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition / Disney / $18
2. The Sims / Electronic Arts / $41
3. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire / Disney / $19
4. Roller Coaster Tycoon / Hasbro / $30
5. Age of Empires II: Age Of Kings / Microsoft / $45
6. EverQuest: Ruins Of Kunark / 989 Studios / $40
7. Starcraft / Havas Interactive / $30
8. Roller Coaster Tycoon Corkscrew Follies / Hasbro / $20
9. Hoyle Board Games 2000 / Havas Interactive / $22
10. Soldier Of Fortune / Activision / $48