The free upgrade adds bug fixes and gameplay enhancements, including enhanced combat AI, spell changes, and enhanced unit grouping ability in combat.
Partial list of v 2.0 features:
· Enhanced the Turn-Based AI on Hard and Medium difficulty modes.
· Enhanced Combat AI on all levels.
· Enhanced combat auto-calculation, which now more accurately produces "would-be" results.
· Added Auto-calc button to pre-combat encounter dialogue. Users can now auto-calc combat without actually having to enter combat.
· Added a game-continue option after the death of Balkoth. Now users can play on even after defeating the Dark Lord.
· Many spell changes - such as teleport artifact to desired party.
· Players can now see what all units are carrying.
· Added Yes/No question dialogue before entering an enemy or friendly building.
· Enhanced Fealty rules. A better political relationship prior to fealty yields more spell knowledge and units when fealty is received.
· Enhanced more humanlike AI tricks and tactics such as attacking invaders with mercenaries, then disbanding mercenary parties.
· Improved AI in Barter interactions.
· "Game speed" and "Combat speed" buttons added to options panel.
· Added a game-speed indicator on the main map and in combat.
· Enhanced unit grouping capability in combat.
· User-customizable turn-limit timer in multiplayer games.
· Players can now select buildings without having to move units inside.
· "Restore Game" button to options panel allows users to replay last combat.