We've all had that moment when playing video games. That moment where you can't help but think to yourself, "Why would they do (blank) like that? They should have done (blank)."
Well, now you have the chance to speak your mind and be rewarded for your efforts in making games just a little better. GameSpot is having a blog-writing contest where you, our fellow GameSpotter, can make those voices heard! For your blog to be eligible, you should consider the following.
1. Flag your blog as an "Editorial Blog," and in the title, be sure to have
"This is How I Would Make Video Game History."
2. While the blog will be our main focus, we are also looking for a title that will dazzle our judges.
3. Of course, we want it to be free of grammar and spelling mistakes.
4. Use a minimum of 500 words to sum up your thought-provoking ideas on gaming industries.
5. Describe what the current trend is in the game genre that you are displeased with and what you would do to fix it if you had the power.
6. Choose a game as your prime example of what you felt was lacking that "oh-so-special something."
7.We will be considering the overall appearance of the blog that is submitted.
Now you might be asking GameSpot, "Why would I want to do such a thing? What is in it for ME?"
Well, I can answer that for you! Other than the personal joy you get from writing a witty and whimsical blog on how you would make history by making the world of gaming a better place, you will also be selected as one of 25 entries for a "Thanks for Playing" prize. And one, sparkling gem--a fantastic example of gaming know-how--will become the proud owner of a Microsoft SideWinder X6 Wired Keyboard and a matching SideWinder x8 Mouse valued at over $200!
The contest begins on May 20, and the last day to submit your blog for the contest will be Friday, June 3. Runners-up will be chosen and announced in the following week's Spam Filter, as well as the Grand Prize Winners blog for all to see. So get to writing and may the best blog win!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS AND AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes end at 5 p.m. PT on June 3, 2011. See Official Rules for details.