The Deathmatch & Race Creators beta for Grand Theft Auto Online is now available, and will be automatically downloaded on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 with the latest title update.
The mode can be accessed from the new Creator option from the Online tab of the pause menu, Rockstar says. The company recommends that all users go through a brief tutorial on the mode, which the game will present with a prompt.
The beta will allow users to create custom deathmatches in free-for-all or team modes, or all kinds of lap and point-to-point races. After publishing a land race, users will be allowed to create both sea and air races too.
Any race or deathmatch must be tested against AI bots before publishing, to ensure it works, and a linked Rockstar Social Club account is required to use the tools. Published events will appear on the Social Club website, and Rockstar says it will "periodically" review the best content and promote it.
The latest GTA Online update also gives out a bigger payout when playing missions on higher difficulties, allows players to run inside of their apartments, and sell vehicles purchased from websites.
An interesting GTA Online glitch discovery also allows players to explore the single-player campaign's prologue chapter, set in North Yankton.
The full patch notes are below:
- Players are now able to sell vehicles that they have purchased from websites.
- Players are now able to run in apartments and garages.
- Reward for being a good sport has been increased from $1,000 to $2,000
- Fixed an issue where a character’s tattoos would disappear when encountering cutscenes.
- Corrected an issue where players could make their vehicles and passengers invisible.
- Sticky Bombs can no longer be thrown during the countdown for the starts of GTA Races.
- Resolved issues where players were having problems accessing their accounts.
- Corrected issues with Bounties.
- Fixed an issue where players were charged full price for ammo for Grenade Launchers even if they were only buying one Grenade.
- Fixed an issue where Grenades could be filled up to maximum during UGC GTA Races.
- Team Balancing has been improved, friends and Crew members are now grouped together and Rank is taken into consideration.
- Fixed an issue where if a player has banked all of their cash, they were only charged minimal amounts for dying.
- The Karin Futo can now be recovered normally after being impounded.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to clone Tanks.
- Respawning has been improved to reduce the chance of repeatedly spawning in the same location.
- Cash rewards have been adjusted in Races, Deathmatches, and Parachuting to allow increases in pay-outs.
- There is now a 25% RP bonus at the end of Deathmatches, Missions, LTS, Survival, player kills, and AI kills when playing in Free Aim. This gives extra credit for completing actions with more skill.
- Until a Race has been verified, players cannot earn RP in UGC Races.
- Reduced the chance of being noticed by the Cops in stolen vehicles.
- Impromptu Races can no longer be launched when in certain jobs.
- Holdup Shopkeepers now have access to Ammu-Nation. You have been warned.
- Due to changes in Deathmatches (Weapon Locking), some objectives will no longer appear in this specific type of match.
- Weapon rewards (e.g. Shotgun in cop car) are blocked during weapon locked Deathmatches.
- During Weapon Locked Deathmatches, Ammo Drops will not contain Molotovs.
- Players who do not participate during Survivals can now be flagged as such by other players in the group and removed from the Survival.
- New icons added for differing types of personal vehicle.
- New awards added for the Creators.
- Players are given 1RP for every ‘like’ they receive for their creations in the Creators.
- Leaderboard functionality has been removed for any non-Rockstar content, i.e. no access to Social Club leaderboards in corona/end of mission, no best laps/personal bests, matched Crew for Head to Head etcetera.
- Passive Mode is now free ($0) to allow players more options when playing with friends.