RedOctane is holding a competition for independent artists to feature in Guitar Hero II. The competition asks budding artists to submit a track in MP3 format before the end of June, via the game's community Web site beaguitarhero.com.
The grand prize winner will have their song featured in the top secret track list for Guitar Hero II, which launches in America this November (European release date is unconfirmed, as the original only launched this month). The song must feature a lead guitar, and also be either hard rock or heavy metal. For their troubles, the winner will enjoy a number of other cool prizes, including:
- Epiphone G-400 Electric Guitar
- EMG Zakk Wylde pickup set
- Krank Distortus Maximus distortion pedal
- Pacific Drums and Percussion CX Drumset
- Morley Pedal Steve Vai Bad Horsie Wah pedal
- Copy of Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II
RedOctane also promises to advertise the winner's involvement in the game through "game launch promotions." The winners of a similar competition for the first game, Graveyard BBQ, will be at the Electronic Entertainment Expo performing their song "Cheat on the Church."