Zombie game Dead Island 2 will be playable for the first time ever at Gamescom 2014, publisher Deep Silver has announced.
The Gamescom convention is open to the public, and Deep Silver will have 150 gaming stations for its PC and console lineup where attendees will be able to get hands-on time with its latest games.
Dead Island 2 launches in spring 2015 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Unlike the original, Dead Island 2 is in development at Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager, not Techland, which is working on another first-person zombie game, Dying Light. The open-world game is set several months after the original and takes place in California.
In addition to Dead Island 2, Deep Silver will show off the following games at its public booth in Hall 9.1. B011/C010:
- Metro Redux -- A remastered collection for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC of the Russian, post-apocalyptic first-person shooters Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light.
- Risen 3: Titan Lords -- The latest, open-world role-playing game from Piranha Bytes, creators of the Gothic series.
- Sacred 3 -- A Hack 'n' Slash game with a focus on four player cooperative multiplayer.
- Dead Island Epidemic -- The Dead Island-themed free-to-play MOBA.
- Emergency 5 -- The latest installment in the Rescue Strategy series for the PC, which features a new graphics engine.
Gamescom takes place on August 13-17, and GameSpot will be on the ground in Germany to bring you all the news as it happens.
|Emanuel Maiberg is a freelance writer. You can follow him on Twitter @emanuelmaiberg and Google+.|
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com