Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson has taken the Ice Bucket Challenge, getting ice water dumped on his head in a campaign to raise money and awareness for ALS. But that's not all. The CEO also personally donated $1,000 to the ALS Association and announced that EA will match every dollar donated by North America EA employees. He did not announce a limit.
Instead of nominating three other individuals to take the Ice Bucket Challenge next, Wilson said he hopes other game companies will offer a similar fund-matching program for their employees. "I would challenge every company in our industry to do the same," he said.
As you can see in the video above, EA COO Peter Moore is the one dousing Wilson with water. You might remember that GameStop president Tony Bartel nominated him for the challenge. However, Wilson says Moore already completed it.
Looking for more videos of game industry people getting ice water dumped on their heads? We've got you covered.
- Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator of Minecraft)
- Rod Fergusson (Gears of War producer)
- Tony Bartel (GameStop president)
- Cliff Bleszinski (Creator of Gears of War)
- Phil Spencer (Head of Xbox)
- Shawn Layden (SCEA President and CEO)
- Bobby Kotick (Activision Blizzard CEO)
- Reggie Fils-Aime (Nintendo of America president) (Fils-Aime promises to "one-up" Spencer's video)
- Gabe Newell (Valve boss)
- Shuhei Yoshida (PlayStation worldwide studios president)
|Eddie Makuch is a news editor at GameSpot, and you can follow him on Twitter @EddieMakuch|