Today we managed to get a new video and a bunch of screens from Atari's upcoming Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit. The video features two characters, Trunks and Recoome, duking it out in a rather scenic nature setting. Beautiful mountains, grassy hills--it really makes you wonder what provoked such a brawl. Maybe taking a look at their histories can help answer that question...
- Japanese Voice Actor: Takeshi Kusao
- English Voice Actor: Eric Vale
- First Appearance: Dragon Ball Z (Android Saga)
- Race: Half Saiyan and half Earthling
- Character Traits: Honest and serious
- Fast Fact: Carries a sword given to him by Tapion
- Fighting Style: Relies heavily on his sword
- Opponents: VS Frieza, Android 13, and others
Trunks is the son of Bulma and Vegeta. To change his shattered future--a world where most of the Z-fighters have been killed by the merciless androids--he travels to the past in a time machine. In his own time, Gohan, the last surviving Z-fighter, had been Trunks' friend and mentor. Trunks looks forward to seeing Gohan again and meeting his father, Vegeta, for the first time.
- Japanese Voice Actor: Kenji Utsumi
- English Voice Actor: Christopher Sabat
- First Appearance: Dragon Ball Z (Freiza Saga)
- Race: Alien
- Character Traits: Has great confidence in himself, easily elated, and won't break his joking style
- Fast Fact: Always poses before a fight
- Fighting Style: Uses brute force to make it look like he's fighting effortlessly
- Opponents: VS Vegeta, Gohan, Goku, and others
Recoome is a member of Frieza's elite fighting unit, the Ginyu Force. Having been summoned by Frieza to aid in the search for the Namekian Dragon Balls, Recoome unleashes his overwhelming power upon Vegeta, Krillin, and Gohan. He uses many original techniques, such as the eraser gun and the Recoome kick. At one point, he was prepared to unleash his secret ultimate move, the ultra fighting bomber, but Goku stopped him before he had the chance.
So what have we learned from all this? These guys just plain love to fight. A lot. And in our new video, you can really get a look at how the game is trying to replicate their fighting styles. Trunks is quick and agile, using his sword to go for those strong attacks. He's also serious and quiet, but he isn't afraid to turn super Saiyan when he gets angry. Recoome couldn't be any more different. Always posing, laughing, and making funny noises--this guy is quite the jokester. The video really seems to capture the spirit of these two characters as they proceed to beat the living daylights out of each other.
Want more? Take a look at our preview from earlier this month and then stay tuned for more coverage on Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.