Ghost, Destiny's robot character voiced by Game of Thrones actor Peter Dinklage, has taken the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness and funds for the ALS Association.
As you can see above, the short video shows Ghost and a Guardian hanging out before a wizard from the moon dumps a bucket of ice water on them. Bungie and Ghost were challenged by the Greedy Corpus, characters from Digital Extremes' free-to-play game Warframe. You can check out that video of the first game character taking the Ice Bucket Challenge below. Bungie in turn challenged Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's villain played by Kevin Spacey Jonathan Irons, the Last of Us' Joel, and Star Wars creator George Lucas.
Bungie is also donating to the cause by sharing 20 percent of the proceeds from the Bungie store from now until Destiny launches on September 9.
Looking for more videos of game industry people getting ice water dumped on their heads? We've got you covered.
Industry people who have completed the Ice Bucket Challenge (click through to watch videos):
- Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator of Minecraft)
- Rod Fergusson (Gears of War producer)
- Tony Bartel (GameStop president)
- Cliff Bleszinski (Creator of Gears of War)
- Phil Spencer (Head of Xbox)
- Shawn Layden (SCEA President and CEO)
Industry people nominated, but have not yet completed the Ice Bucket Challenge:
- Bobby Kotick (Activision Blizzard CEO)
- Reggie Fils-Aime (Nintendo of America president) (Fils-Aime promises to "one-up" Spencer's video)
- Gabe Newell (Valve boss)
- Shuhei Yoshida (PlayStation worldwide studios president)
|Emanuel Maiberg is a freelance writer. You can follow him on Twitter @emanuelmaiberg and Google+.|