Last month, Sega and High Voltage Software nailed down a release date for the anticipated Wii-exclusive shooter The Conduit, saying the graphically intense title would ship to retailers on June 23. And, as development begins to wind down on The Conduit, High Voltage is beginning to ramp up work on its next projects.
Speaking to French gaming site Nintendo Master, High Voltage CCO Eric Nofsinger confirmed that his Illinois-based company has two game announcements prepped for the 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo. This year's show is set to take place in Los Angeles on June 2-4.
"We have two big ones that we'll be announcing at E3," Nofsinger said. Asked whether the games will be first-person shooters like The Conduit, Nofsinger said, "One fits into that, and the other is a different kind of a thing." Nofsinger also confirmed that, like The Conduit, both titles will be exclusive to the Wii.
Though Nofsinger said that specifics on the new games would be revealed during E3, he did provide a high-level overview of what High Voltage hopes to accomplish with them.
"Our goal with The Conduit was to make a game that was the most graphically impressive for the Wii," he said. "Our goal with these upcoming games is to do some things that are very, very rare, even on the 360 or PS3. Some of the things we're doing with sheer number of enemies onscreen and things like that are very impressive. We've got a demo that we'll be showing, where the average number of enemies on the screen at a given time is 65. And it goes up. There's areas where you go onto a vista and there's an incredible number of enemies."
For more on The Conduit, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.