After a short hiatus and a new look, the Community News Update is back! We wanted to give you a chance to look around at all the new and shinny things we have been working on for the past couple months. The launch on Wednesday was a bit bumpy to say the least, but things are coming along a lot better.
The New GameSpot
If you are still a bit lost and feel like the girl above when looking at the new GameSpot layout, no worries! It has been more than 10 years since our site was changed. You are not the only one feeling like this. Our handy dandy video team has answered your prayers with an awesome walkthrough.
5 Key Things You Need To Know About The New GameSpot
1. Brand New Look : We have rebuilt the site from the ground up to bring you a GameSpot that is more current in its look and feel.
2. Reviews: GameSpot has shifted into a 10-point review scale. We ditched the .5 increments to make our opinions much clearer. Multiple reviews have also been added to the site. These will allow us to show you different valid viewpoints.
3. Community tools: We have made it much easier to be active on the site. If you want to blog, you have been given the same tools as our editors.
4. Highlighted Community Content: User reviews will have a recommendation system that will help your content be highlighted on official review pages.
5. Stacks: Stacks are ways to organize your favorite games. This will also allow you to follow stacks of other GameSpotters or even staff members.
What to look forward to
This week Skylanders Swapforce, Valhalla Knights 3, The Stanley Parable, Wipeout: Create and Crash, and Star Wars™ Pinball: Balance of the Force are the New Released for October 13th to the 19th. Watch Now.
The community fireside chat is coming back! With all the questions and comments we have received from the community about the new site launch, we here to give you answers. This live stream will take place closer at the end of the month, so stay tuned for more info. In you have questions about our new site comment below!