COD2 updated for 360

Auto-patch for Activision's Xbox 360 WWII shooter fixes multiplayer performance, adds online options; PC update imminent.

Activision has released the much-anticipated update to the Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 2. The patch addresses issues with the game's multiplayer mode, specifically the performance of the online portion.

The game's developer, Infinity Ward, has also added the ability to save spots for friends in private games, added new host options, and more. The update will be automatically downloaded when gamers log onto Xbox Live with Call of Duty 2.

Owners of the PC version will also be getting some reinforcements, Activision announced. PunkBuster's anticheat technology will be added to the game, as well as two new multiplayer maps, the all-new Rhine and Harbor, a remake of a map featured in the original Call of Duty.

Call of Duty 2 is rated M for Mature and retails for $49.99 on the PC and $59.99 on the Xbox 360. For more information on the game, head over to GameSpot's full review.

Written By

Want the latest news about Call of Duty 2?

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 2

Discussion

34 comments
Chris3eb
Chris3eb

can't wait until i get XBOX live and this all matters to me..but sounds good

Kyle-Omen
Kyle-Omen

yes, lets carry on and remind them CoD2 is rated T for TEEN!

GreyFoxV1
GreyFoxV1

About damn time since this crap should've been in the games at their respective launches!

VFA-102
VFA-102

WTF. About time this glitch was fixed, but as to the player matches, this is ridiculous. Why can't the console guys get the same love as the PC? We are paying $10 more for the same game after all.

dwoop
dwoop

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

dwoop
dwoop

Well I was excited to play it and it does play great now with no lag and better multiplay (albeit normal finally) options but they seemed to have to "Disabled" the search for player matches now...I have tried several times today and can only play PRIVATE matches with friends...the search is all screwed up now...getting the "Unable to join server" message EVERYTIME!!! Hope they are hard at work fixing this last mistake...

Benny_is_here
Benny_is_here

Nice :D Call of Duty 2 is rated M for Mature in Europe, by those "clever" guys in PEGI.... The american ESRB gave it T for Teen. It's the same with GRAW I think.

thekey
thekey

"Excellent!!! Smithers"- Mr Burns

ROCKINGFOOL
ROCKINGFOOL

now i know why do we need ahard drive for updating their mistakes lol

o_sausage
o_sausage

YES finally a reason to get online in COD2

jameston80
jameston80

Actually, I am glad that the patch is out, finally. If you try this now, wow what a difference, and at end of round you stay in room, yahoo and actually i did not trade in, and this game is like a brand new one again now with the patch. I do play g.r.a.w. but I will still play cod2, totally different game.

PsyChronic
PsyChronic

Too little too late. Does anybody that owns GRAW plan to stop playing it and start playing CoD2 again? Lol, I bet most people that have Oblivion and GRAW traded CoD2 in already...

jolly1976
jolly1976

ouch my message got deleted....and there wasn't even any profanity

jolly1976
jolly1976

[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Big_Jj
Big_Jj

hmmmm i did not no teen means M. Wasn't M for mature. lol

brad_d
brad_d

Thank the great maker! Too bad the game's popularity has diminished since then (especially with the terrible 8-player lag). It seems like they rushed the game to make it for launch but anyways I'm glad I can still play multiplayer whenever I want, without the terrible gameplay issues.

icetemple
icetemple

A Patch for a Konsole Game...the days have come. Sad, really really sad.

Seram
Seram

I think this patch was more important than the BC list.

ArmoredAshes
ArmoredAshes

Yes patches...instead of increasing the BC list!

JoshChambers
JoshChambers

the patch is great. It makes a world of difference.

c1001z
c1001z

Great, just in time. Psst...

BillyBobRedneck
BillyBobRedneck

too bad Player Match still doesnt work... but Ranked Match works awesomely, like "oh my god the lack of lagginess plus the fun.... I think I need new underwear." Yes, THAT awesomely!

bioniccommando1
bioniccommando1

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

bioniccommando1
bioniccommando1

Ill download that as soon as I get home. Hope it's a real improvement.

buildar
buildar

updates gallore! More control over matches is always a good thing.

Flag_Leader
Flag_Leader

Thank god. Made a big difference because now i can actually join a game with a 80% chance of no lag unlike before when it was more like 20%.

TheJuggla17
TheJuggla17

Before the update I disliked Call of Duty 2 online (Xbox 360) but I love it.