Your task is to research Columbia--as well as some of the lore surrounding the world of BioShock--and craft a short story in that setting. Your story should feature characters and events from the game.
To participate, create a blog on GameSpot that contains the following:
- Write a BioShock inspired short story that takes place in the setting of Columbia.
- The story must be a minimum of 500 words in length.
- Include an image to act as a "cover shot" for your entry.
- Have a footnote in your blog entry to indicate that it is for the BioShock Infinite creative writing contest.
Not sure how to write about a game that isn't out yet? Check out some source material to help inspire you:
- The Mysteries Behind Columbia
- Columbia: A Modern Day Icarus?
- City in the Sky Gameplay Trailer
- Elizabeth and the Songbird - Bioshock Infinite Trailer
- False Shepherd Trailer
- Bioshock Infinite
Once you've finished your entry you are welcome to head over to the Writers Round Table for a peer review from one of our resident justicars. Once you've done that, post a link to your entry in the comments below.
We will be selecting two (2) winners to receive an Elizabeth figure signed by Ken Levine. Judging will be determined by GameSpot staff members and by resident Bioshock enthusiasts.
Rules and things you should know:
- You must be a GameSpot Registrant
- Deadline to submit your entry is March 29th, winners will be announced in the following week.
- Entries must be submitted in your blog space on gamespot.com or can be linked to in the comments on this page here.