Square Enix's Dragon Quest collection for the Wii--which contains the first three games and the Super Famicom revamps under one Wii disc to celebrate the game's 25th anniversary--has made it to the top of the Japanese charts, according to the recent Media Charts sales update for the week of September 12 to September 18. The game sold 263,398 units in its debut week.
Namco Bandai's Tales of Xillia title for the PlayStation 3 got bumped down to second place with 47,297 units sold. This is a sharp drop from the game's previous sales number of 525,605 on the sales week of September 5. Former top 10 entry Resistance 3 has now dropped to 18th place with 5,136 units sold. Wii titles were plentiful in this sales chart update, with Wii Sports Resort at fourth place with 15,109 units sold and Rhythm Heaven just behind with 14,647 units sold.
Over on the hardware side of things, the 3DS now returns to the top position with 58,837 units sold while the PS3 is close behind with 36,061 units sold. Even with two titles on the top 10, the Wii remained at fourth place with 15,406 units sold on that week, while the PSP stayed in third place with 25,122 units sold.
JAPAN GAME SALES WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 12 - SEPTEMBER 18
1. Dragon Quest Collection / Square Enix / Wii / 263,398
2. Tales of Xillia / Namco Bandai / PS3 / 47,297
3. Resident Evil: Revival Selection / Capcom / PS3 / 17,614
4. Wii Sports Resort (Wii Remote Plus Pack) / Nintendo / Wii / 15,109
5. Rhythm Heaven / Nintendo / Wii/ 14,647
6. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. / Capcom / PS3 / 13,230
7. Kirby Mass Attack / Nintendo / DS / 10,888
8. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D / Nintendo / 3DS / 10,504
9. Grand Knights History / Marvelous / PSP / 10,078
10. Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Felyne Village G / Capcom / PSP / 9,378
3DS – 58,837
PS3 – 36,061
PSP – 25,122
Wii – 15,406
DSi XL – 2,869
DSi – 2,234
PS2 – 1,317
Xbox 360 – 1,295
DS Lite – 78
PSP Go - 7