While last week appeared slow for Japan software and hardware sales, two prominent titles made their debut in the top five spots according to Media Create's latest weekly sales update. Namco Bandai's recent mecha-filled strategy role-playing game, Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Saisei-hen, held first place for the week of April 9 to April 15 with 34,403 units sold.
Square Enix's latest Kingdom Hearts title for the 3DS ended up just below the Super Robot Taisen entry, with Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance selling 20,977 units. For more information on the RPG, check out GameSpot's recent coverage.
Super Mario 3D Land clawed its way back up the list after hovering lower on the top 10. Nintendo's 3DS platformer sold 18,119 units and was followed by the PSP version of Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 from Konami and Kid Icarus: Uprising from Nintendo. The former sold 17,037 units while the latter for the 3DS moved 15,228 copies.
All hardware sales suffered this week. Sales of Sony's PlayStation Vita handheld dropped to 8,250 units from the previous Media Create sales update, while the Xbox 360 lost the momentum it gained from Kinect Star Wars, falling to 1,373 units sold, down from the previous period's 3,764 units.
Top Japan game sales of April 9-15
1. Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Saisei-hen / Namco Bandai / PSP / 34,403
2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance / Square Enix / 3DS / 20,977
3. Super Mario 3D Land / Nintendo / 3DS / 18,119
4. Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 / Konami / PSP / 17,037
5. Kid Icarus: Uprising / Nintendo / 3DS / 15,228
6. Monster Hunter 3G / Capcom / 3DS / 15,047
7. Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 / Konami / PS3 / 14,485
8. Mario Kart 7 / Nintendo / 3DS / 12,212
9. Pokemon Conquest / Nintendo, Pokemon Company / DS / 10,377
10. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games / Nintendo / 3DS / 8,254
3DS - 63,796
PS3 - 17,765
PSP - 13,166
PS Vita - 8,250
Wii - 6,837
Xbox 360 - 1,373
PS2 - 1,212
DSi XL - 800
DSi - 633