Battlefield 4 on Xbox One should finally be free of one-hit kill bug after today's patch
DICE will release new update for Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 today.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Update: DICE has released the full patch notes for the update:
- Fixed three common crashes that could occur during map transitions.
- Fixed a common crash that could occur when using the in-game Battlelog in the "end of round" screen.
- Fixed two crashes related to destroying vehicles.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the player lost connection to a server.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the scoreboard.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players were using the voice chat.
- Optimized performance when shooting destroyed Levolution objects on some levels.
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks.
- Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
- Fixed a memory leak that could lead to crashes at certain points.
- Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file in the single player campaign.
- Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds.
- Fixed an issue with going online after resuming your Xbox One from suspended mode.
- Fixed some issues with the handling of Xbox One parties.
- Made the icons used to signal voice chat status more reliable.
Original story: A new update for Battlefield 4 on Xbox One will be released today, DICE has confirmed.
A previous patch for the game, due to go live at the start of December, was delayed. DICE's work on the previous patch has been rolled into today's update.
The new patch will be rolled out from 10:00 UTC/02:00 PDT. DICE says it will release full notes for the update later today.
The PlayStation 4 version of Battlefield 4 was updated earlier this week, with DICE pledging to fix the game's "one-hit kill" bug. The same bug should now be quashed in the Xbox One version after the update.
Battlefield 4's problematic launch has caused DICE to halt work on all future projects and Battlefield 4 expansions until the issues are remedied.