Assassin's Creed III got off to a red-hot start last week, at least in the United Kingdom. Data for the week ended November 3 from Chart-Track reveals that Assassin's Creed III is Ubisoft's biggest-ever launch in the region, almost doubling the sales of Assassin's Creed II at launch in 2009.
The game bested previous Ubisoft record holder Assassin's Creed: Revelations by more than 117,000 units. Xbox 360 copies of Assassin's Creed III accounted for 59 percent of sales, with the other 41 percent attributed to the PlayStation 3. The game will launch worldwide later this year for the Wii U and PC.
Assassin's Creed III is breaking records not only for Ubisoft, but also for the industry at large. The new game is now the second-biggest launch of the year in the UK, only behind FIFA 13.
Top 10 UK software sales (all platforms) for the week ended November 3.
1. Assassin's Creed III - Ubisoft
2. FIFA 13 - Electronic Arts
3. WWE '13 - THQ
4. Football Manager 2013 - Sega
5. Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Electronic Arts
6. Medal of Honor: Warfighter - Electronic Arts
7. Forza Horizon - Microsoft
8. Skylanders Giants - Activision
9. Just Dance 4 - Ubisoft
10. Dishonored - Bethesda