The PlayStation 4 version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag has received a whopping new 2.3GB patch.
The huge update focuses on the single-player component of the game, and promises a fix to the longstanding 100 friends limit bug that would prevent users from signing into uPlay if their PlayStation Network friends list went into triple digits.
The patch should automatically download if your PlayStation 4 is being kept in standby mode, and will apply the next time you try and launch the game.
An upcoming title update will also offer various tweaks to the game's multiplayer component, with the update scheduled to arrive on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 on February 11. Ubisoft has detailed the full suite of multiplayer changes on its blog.
Last week Ubisoft confirmed that it has an indefinite plan for the Assassin's Creed series--think Doctor Who--and if previous years are anything to go by, we should soon be hearing about whether we'll be getting Assassin's Creed V or a Black Flag spin-off this holiday season.
The AC4 1.04 PS4 patch notes in full:
- Fixed rare crashes and freezes
- Change fight balance to increase double attacks
- Fixed abstergo challenges count to show 100 percent when completed
- Add tutorial video streaming support
- Add support for Resources Pack consumable
- Fixed news display not always showing correct news
- Fixed loyalty rewards skins not always being awarded
- Fixed connection with over 100 friends