25 new indie games confirmed for Xbox One
Plus, Microsoft says more than 250 developers have now received development kits.
Today during the Game Developers Conference, Microsoft announced 25 new indie games coming to Xbox One. In total, more than 250 developers have now received Xbox One development kits through ID@Xbox, Microsoft's self-publishing program for indies.
You can check out a list of the 25 games below, but understand that the list is "neither comprehensive nor chronological," and no release dates have been announced. More games are also in the pipeline, and will be announced in due course, the publisher said.
“Our goal has always been to make Xbox One the best place to play games, and that means having a diverse portfolio for gamers to choose from,” Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer said. “We've worked closely with independent developers to bring their own brand of creativity and innovation to the platform and today is just the beginning."
- “1001 Spikes” by Nicalis
- “Calibre 10 Racing Series” by Bongfish GmbH
- “CastleStorm” by Zen Studios
- “Chariot” by Frima
- “Chuck’s Challenge 3D” by Niffler
- “Contrast” by Compulsion Games
- “Divekick Addition Edition +” by Iron Galaxy Studios
- “Forced” by BetaDwarf ApS
- “FRU” by Through Games
- “Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition” by DrinkBox Studios
- “Gunscape” by Blowfish Studios
- “Habitat” by 4gency
- “Hyper Light Drifter” by Heart Machine
- “It Draws a Red Box” by Other Ocean
- “Nutjitsu” by NinjaBee
- “Pinball Arcade” by FarSight Studios
- “Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut” by Toxic Games
- “Riptide GP2” by Vector Unit
- “Roundabout” by No Goblin
- “Sixty Second Shooter Prime” by Happion Laboratories
- “Spectra: 8bit Racing” by Gateway Interactive
- “Strike Suit Zero” by Born Ready Games
- “Super Time Force” by Capybara
- “The Last Tinker” by Mimimi Productions
- “Wulverblade” by Darkwind Media
More information about these games is available on Microsoft's Xbox Wire website.