Biggest let down for fans.

User Rating: 4 | Aliens vs. Predator PC
I am a hardcore Aliens and Predator fanboy. When they made the first AVP game, it was the most intense, satisfying gaming experience i'd ever had, in both multiplayer and single-player. I played and played and played.

AVP2 came out next, and even though i felt it lacked the dark atmosphere, didn't give me chills, and overall seemed a bit cartoony and geared towards kids, the gameplay was there. I played through the single player multiple times, and i played the hell out of multiplayer.

Now we get this garbage. I'm not really sure how else to sum up this game, but a couple things come to mind: I've never been more let down with a video game, and i've never wished i could get my $50 back more than this. I'll just make a brief list.

General Cons:
-No crouching.
-Buggy as hell.
-No dedicated servers.
-Crappy matchmaking and multiplayer interfaces.
-Long load times.
-Poor story, with no intersecting portions.
-Melee combat system is a joke.
-Invisible boundaries.
-Focus Mode? Pass, please.
-The stealth kill/finishing move system, while flashy and cool-looking, is clunky and impractical, especially in multiplayer. ("Stealth Kill-Trains," anyone?)
-The XP gained in Multiplayer to unlock a few crappy skins is hardly anything to keep you playing.
-No ranked Pred Hunt/Infestation?

Alien Cons:
-Wall-walking is AWFUL.
-What happened to the leaps/pounces from previous games?
-The colored outline approach is stupid; bring back the glowing auras, please.
-The Spacebar-to-go-through-vents system is terrible. It lands you in a terrible spot almost every time.
-No insta-headbites on marines to restore lost health.
-Did i mention how crap wall-walking is? Try playing any jungle-y map.

Predator Cons:
-The predator cloaking graphics look great in general, but come on? Why all the electricity flaring up just because you're moving? (Might be different with DX11.)
-The new leaping system is a start in the right direction, but you can't jump over tiny, close, or thin obstacles (walls, tables, small rises in terrain, etc.)
-Targeting laser makes you stand out perhaps a bit too much. "I'M HERE I'M HERE, LOOK AT ME I'M HERE, FOLLOW THE GIANT, OVERLY-BRIGHT, GLOWING, INCREDIBLY-VISIBLE-FROM-PERPENDICULAR-ANGLES BEAM OF RED LIGHT WHICH CLEARLY HIGHLIGHTS THE PREDATOR!"
-Disk can be overpowered at times. Throw it in a small crowded room of players and watch your kill count grow.

Marines Cons:
-What's up with the delay in firing the Pulse Rifle? forget about burst-firing, there's a forced half-second delay after you let off the trigger and before you start actually shooting when you press the trigger.
-3 headshots to kill a predator with the sniper rifle (although i MUCH prefer this sniper rifle to the one in AVP2.)
-Flamethrower is nearly worthless.
-Melee blocking is a little dumb. Meleeing the opponent after blocking them to knock them to the ground for an easy kill is ridiculous and stupid, especially in multiplayer. Deflecting the blow to the side and staggering the opponent slightly would have been more believable and less ludicrous.
-Flares! Make them available and useful in multiplayer! (In AVP1, getting flares behind a Predator made them highly visible, and the blue glow of the flares interfered somewhat with Aliens' ability to see Marine targets due to the blue aura effect instead of the blue outline Aliens have now.)

While Rebellion has basically failed completely at this game, there are still some redeeming factors:

General Pros:
-Multiplayer overall is kind of enjoyable.
-The level design in multiplayer is respectable.
-Class balance is generally great, though 2 or 3 Marines sticking together can dominate.
-Hiding in the shadows and getting a stealth kill is great fun, especially in multiplayer.
-Did i mention the melee system is garbage? Oh, this is the pros section? Screw it, the melee system is garbage.

I got tired of writing this so i'm going to leave it at this. Save your $50. Spend 5 bucks or 10 bucks and buy AvP1 or 2. Unless you're one of those brainless dolts who just likes pretty things. Or you're an undying AVP fan with mindless loyalty. In which case you're only perpetuating the cycle of companies cashing in on crappy movie franchises and classic gaming series.