should i buy this game ??

#1 Posted by rgdfglfhgkh (62 posts) -

does it deserve to give it a try or its just another waste of time ??

#2 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

does it deserve to give it a try or its just another waste of time ??

rgdfglfhgkh

You should rent it if you can, or borrow it from somone you know to try out the single player campaign because you may decide after that, and genuinelly seeing how bad it is, not to buy it after all. 

#3 Posted by Eagle_2004 (28 posts) -

Or, if you can wait for about 45 days, you'll be able to find it for about 50-60% off its current price. 

If you CAN'T wait....rent it. Watch reviews on YouTube, read what others have to say, but please...I beg of you...Don't buy it !!

#4 Posted by rgdfglfhgkh (62 posts) -
then its better to download it for free :) anyway thanx for reply it seems so boring better 2 w8 for crysis 3
#5 Posted by SpiiiiiiiiKe (112 posts) -

Torrent it. Its not worth buying. Game is trash, you won't get through all the way before you feel the need to just uninstall the game.

#6 Posted by enkidu_3 (105 posts) -
This game will be 20 bucks in 3 weeks or less. Pre-orders are for suckers.
#7 Posted by modart (86 posts) -

the incoming  8 gig patch should make it worth buying now

#8 Posted by DrKill09 (6238 posts) -

Skip this game, and go buy AVP 2010 instead. It looked tons better, had insanely better AI, and was actually atmospheric and scary. This game feels like a shooter from the early 2000's. The enemies are dumb, and easy to kill, and I am on hard difficulty.

I mean AVP came out three years ago, and had DX11 support, and tesselation. This thing has DX9. About the only way to make this game even half presentable is to use the ENB series mod with it. That at least ads bloom, ambient occlusion, and can reduce the color so the people don't look as cartoony.

This thing is a mess. I mean, people talked crap about DNF, but it did not look or play THIS bad. About the best thing about this game is the inclusion of Lance Henrickson and Michael Beihn. That's it.

#9 Posted by Vambran (1920 posts) -

No. Atleast not yet. Wait 3 months and it will be 20$ or less on amazon.

#10 Posted by DigitalJeff51 (14 posts) -

Stay the hell away from this game.

#11 Posted by silvergol (8 posts) -

This game is AWESOME! Burning in the Hell.!

#12 Posted by drkl0rd2000 (35 posts) -

Torrent it. Its not worth buying. Game is trash, you won't get through all the way before you feel the need to just uninstall the game.

SpiiiiiiiiKe

LOL piracy is a no no, I would say only this about Aliens: Colonial Marines "I would suggest if you do engage in those sort of pratices you save your bandwidth for something more entertaining and of higher production value like some spongebob cartoons.".

A wise saying "A free turd is still a turd. It smells just as bad and eats up space, you just tend to feel a little better that you didn't actually part money for it"

#13 Posted by drkl0rd2000 (35 posts) -

modart

That is a hoax, there is no 8 gig patch. Please check your sources next time!

#14 Posted by DrKill09 (6238 posts) -

LOL piracy is a no no, I would say only this about Aliens: Colonial Marines "I would suggest if you do engage in those sort of pratices you save your bandwidth for something more entertaining and of higher production value like some spongebob cartoons.".

A wise saying "A free turd is still a turd. It smells just as bad and eats up space, you just tend to feel a little better that you didn't actually part money for it"

drkl0rd2000

No, paying $60 for crap is a no no.  Piracy is sharing and sharing is caring, so it is ok.

#15 Posted by BigJackBauer (151 posts) -

Like many, I'm a massive 'Aliens' fan and I tend to pre-order a lot of games what I believe are sure to be at least good quality. This was the one game I knowlingly took a large gamble on because the previews were hardly convincing but I was longing to play an 'Aliens' game. The week before it, I received Dead Space 3 which I've really enjoyed thus far.

I haven't completed Aliens yet but can confirm it's a disappointment and not worth you spending your money on. The xeno's hardly seem menacing and the game is far from satisfying. I'm one of those who can overlook graphics for the sake of gameplay but the only thing the game seems to OCCASIONALLY get right is sound. The marines campaign from 2010 Aliens VS Predator is better, even though again, it was somewhat disappointing. They certainly did better with the xeno's anyway.

I'm absolutely gutted as the franchise and the fans deserve better. Save your money and if it's a newly released game you're after or something due out soon, check out Dead Space 3 - which in my opinion, is a great game - or wait for Crysis 3 and such as Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider.

I'll definitely finish it but even though I rarely ever trade games in, this one will probably be leaving my collection.

#16 Posted by modart (86 posts) -

[QUOTE="modart"]

drkl0rd2000

That is a hoax, there is no 8 gig patch. Please check your sources next time!

I was fooled by the hoax. I was excited when I read about the patch and for a brief time thought this would be the game we all wanted but no we're still on that ship with feces running down the walls.
#17 Posted by Neo_Sarevok (2976 posts) -

Honestly, this turd isn't even worth pirating. It's that bad. Horrible A.I. for both allies and enemies, uninspiring characters, tacked on coop (not like you can play it pirated anyways), insanely easy on even the highest difficulty, single campaign is beatable in 6-8 hours, majority of the time you don't fight aliens, the iconic smart gun is only used for a very limited portion of the game, the ending is awful, the final boss is pathetic, and the motion tracker is unnecessary since the A.I. is incompetent and slow.

The only positives are the environments look great, and some aspects of multi-player - such as playing as an alien - are fun. However, the wall running controls are a bit awkward.

This game is an insult to its license more often than its not. Stay away.

#18 Posted by RevolverAce (983 posts) -

You can just see that this game is rushed, some parts of the game are acctualy cool. Like wen your in the sewers and the first boiler wakes up, I really tagt it looked cool. but then you also have moments like wen keyes blows up the dropship with a grenade, creating a explosing that could have come from Half-Life. Some textures(most of them) are so bad you cant even read the text, while some are "good" like the weyland yutani grunts. AI is also very poor and scripted. I was playing co-op with 3 randoms and we where in a coridor. I was a bit ahead of my team and just saw 10-15 aliens just run past me attacking the guys 15 meters behind me. They only starting to attack me when I shot them.

In short: no, do not buy it now.

#19 Posted by IndiasMafia (9 posts) -
here is a good demonstration of the campaign of this game youtube.com/IndiasMafia Here is my most recent video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrXHr55PmzE
#20 Posted by theaznfish (537 posts) -

IMO, go back to AVP-2.  That game was pretty frightening even though the graphics are dated.  It's funny cuz I just rewatched the promised E3 2011/12 A:CM trailer and all I could think was, man, this feels a lot like AvP 2, just with better graphics.  

#21 Posted by Tman80 (2 posts) -
A mate of mine told me steam is selling it for $89.95 RRP for PC. Is everyone else in agreement this game should be no more $20. I almost bought it when it came out but I saw a couple of reviews
#22 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19480 posts) -

When in doubt, don't buy.