Guess the GameSpot score.

#1 Posted by 4-Legged-Shark (1031 posts) -

I'm going to guess 5.5. I really want this game to be good, but really nothing I have seen in the trailers has indicated that it will be. 

#2 Posted by modart (86 posts) -

I'm going to guess 5.5. I really want this game to be good, but really nothing I have seen in the trailers has indicated that it will be. 

4-Legged-Shark

i guess between 8.5 and 9 because I think big

#3 Posted by Disarm (3 posts) -
I'm thinking about 7.0. It will probably be fairly competent but I get the feeling that for non-Aliens fans it will be fairly generic. The long development cycle could also result in a product that feels dated.
#4 Posted by DiscGuru101 (2552 posts) -

I really, really, hope this turns out to be a rich Aliens experience. The screen shots must be PC, and they are super hot. As long as there are no big control/techincal problems, I'm hoping for at least an 8.0.

#5 Posted by cynicalundead (1243 posts) -

After watching the live footage on IGN last night I am saying a 9.0. Seriously, the game looks awesome.

#6 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

After watching the live footage on IGN last night I am saying a 9.0. Seriously, the game looks awesome.

cynicalundead

It depends also on who they get to review it, bearing that in mind I'd say maybe 7.5/10 (although I would love to see it get a 8.5 or higher after watching the live footage on IGN last night).

#7 Posted by Dan11223344 (517 posts) -

Just like all of you i want this to be great However from what ive seen im not too hopeful. Ill go for a 6/10 although id like to see it get an 8+

#8 Posted by 4-Legged-Shark (1031 posts) -

I watched the IGN footage.... I found the opening of the game to be very dull. I'm glad they went with a movie-style opening but as a movie opening I felt like it was done poorly. 

#9 Posted by stewarty77 (243 posts) -

Given that its Gearbox software who are making it, the same team behind the borderlands series, I've high hopes for this.

I'm going to say 8.5/10.

#10 Posted by Dan11223344 (517 posts) -

Borderlands AND Duke Nukem forever...

#11 Posted by Justinps2hero (2170 posts) -
I reckon 7.5
#12 Posted by cohums (30 posts) -

I'm guessing it'll be something like 8.2 or more... coz I saw the 2hr IGN video and, well I am more of a single player, and from what I saw, the single player looks really solid, classic Gearbox...

#13 Posted by cohums (30 posts) -

Dan11223344

adding to your comment... one more thing I wanted to say... it is sad that most people remember the worst that some company has done, I remember Gearbox for both Borderlands and also for Brothers in Arms, which all three were were some of the best WW2 shooters produced

#14 Posted by freddyhead (37 posts) -

they also did the incredible Half-life:Opposing Force expansion pack

#15 Posted by 4-Legged-Shark (1031 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dan11223344"]

cohums

adding to your comment... one more thing I wanted to say... it is sad that most people remember the worst that some company has done, I remember Gearbox for both Borderlands and also for Brothers in Arms, which all three were were some of the best WW2 shooters produced

A lot of people, myself included, really disliked Hell's Highway.... I think Gearbox may be slipping a bit. That or they really just don't care about this game. Look at all of the cool PhysX features in Borderlands 2 on the PC: liquid simulation, cool particle effects, cloth simulation. Nothing of the sort is anywhere to be found in Aliens: Colonial Marines. Could blasting xenomorphs be made cooler by liquid simulated acid blood and awesome particle effects? I think so. I don't think Gearbox really has their heart in this game.
#16 Posted by InquisitorCrox (616 posts) -
About 6.0 considering the bugs, the horrible script, stupid story, terrible dialogs and voice act. And considering its Sega, prolly lower...
#17 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

Having seen the walkthrough on You Tube I'd like to revise my score.  I would guess that Gamespot will give Aliens: Colonial Marines between 4.5 and at the very best 6.0.  I think because of how poor the graphics are and the fact that they look like a game that would have suited the previous generation of console it will have a big impact on the review scores, added onto that the game play honestly does not seem as exciting and fresh as we've been led to believe; also the voice acting is so poor it is like the budget went on bringing in Michael Biehn and Lance Henriksen and then they bought in people dragged off the street to fill in the rest of the cast.

#18 Posted by aphex79 (10 posts) -
I have just played it and it will be less than 4. maybe a demented fanboy could give it the odd 7 or 8 due to complete denial but the masses of completely dejected and angry real people will give it 0. not because it's the worst game ever, but the disappointment of the final product will blind us with fury and we will FEEL like it's the worst game ever. The graphics are so bad it feels retro, the story and writing are so bad they hurt. but the gameplay; the gameplay is shocking. I could sit here telling you funny things like how this game hurts my ass or something, but there is nothing funny about the depths this game reaches. In 25 years of gaming I have never seen anything as fraudulent as this game. I will give everyone on this forum a Bangkok handshake if this game scores over 4. It shouldn't score over 1, this is my pick for worst game ever.
#19 Posted by Fruitymachete (76 posts) -

A 4.0 , Bad graphics but i could live with that if the story and gameplay was good. Well all of those are bad.

The story has no depth and if it could go deeper then Gearbox said: 1 story at the time . --> Reffering to Cpl.Hicks --> Who's body was in the cryotubes ? lol That really made me rage..... . People who completed the game know what i'm talking about.

The multiplayer , simple Xeno's are dominating Marines. Marines get crappy guns which recoil is ever worse then the first machine gun they made arround 1930 lol.

#20 Posted by Me_Ann (1079 posts) -
10/10 cuz Im an Alien fanboy since I was a kid. Even if it gets 1/10 like Big Rigs, my eyes will see it as a 10/10! ALIENS 4 LYF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#21 Posted by lamprey263 (24154 posts) -
I have just played it and it will be less than 4. maybe a demented fanboy could give it the odd 7 or 8 due to complete denial but the masses of completely dejected and angry real people will give it 0. not because it's the worst game ever, but the disappointment of the final product will blind us with fury and we will FEEL like it's the worst game ever. The graphics are so bad it feels retro, the story and writing are so bad they hurt. but the gameplay; the gameplay is shocking. I could sit here telling you funny things like how this game hurts my ass or something, but there is nothing funny about the depths this game reaches. In 25 years of gaming I have never seen anything as fraudulent as this game. I will give everyone on this forum a Bangkok handshake if this game scores over 4. It shouldn't score over 1, this is my pick for worst game ever.aphex79
I just watched a playthrough and I'm heartbroken, so your depressing remarks seem warranted.
#22 Posted by Fruitymachete (76 posts) -

LoL Troll ? the title says : guesse the gameSpot score....

#23 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

[QUOTE="aphex79"]I have just played it and it will be less than 4. maybe a demented fanboy could give it the odd 7 or 8 due to complete denial but the masses of completely dejected and angry real people will give it 0. not because it's the worst game ever, but the disappointment of the final product will blind us with fury and we will FEEL like it's the worst game ever. The graphics are so bad it feels retro, the story and writing are so bad they hurt. but the gameplay; the gameplay is shocking. I could sit here telling you funny things like how this game hurts my ass or something, but there is nothing funny about the depths this game reaches. In 25 years of gaming I have never seen anything as fraudulent as this game. I will give everyone on this forum a Bangkok handshake if this game scores over 4. It shouldn't score over 1, this is my pick for worst game ever.lamprey263
I just watched a playthrough and I'm heartbroken, so your depressing remarks seem warranted.

You're not the only one that's po'd, I've been looking forward to this since last year, then to get to within less than a week (around four days as it's due out tomorrow) before release only find out it looks sp damn poor and seems to be even worse than the last Aliens game is realy depressing.

#24 Posted by RabidBurp (289 posts) -
My guess is 7.0
#25 Posted by imtheman4 (142 posts) -

I think personally, they know how sub-par the game is, because most developers let the reviews out 1 week before the game comes out. The fact that they are pretty much hiding the review until people already buy it, i give it a 5.0-6.5

#26 Posted by modart (86 posts) -

I think personally, they know how sub-par the game is, because most developers let the reviews out 1 week before the game comes out. The fact that they are pretty much hiding the review until people already buy it, i give it a 5.0-6.5

imtheman4
no reviews this close to release is a good reason not to pre-order. I really want to support gearbox on this but I have to be more selective when paying full price .Transparency would be nice.
#27 Posted by imtheman4 (142 posts) -

[QUOTE="imtheman4"]

modart

no reviews this close to release is a good reason not to pre-order. I really want to support gearbox on this but I have to be more selective when paying full price .Transparency would be nice.

i agree 100% if the game is good, they would want to hype it up with good reviews a week before wouldn't they? :p

#28 Posted by Shadow128 (627 posts) -

I've been playing this and it's terrible; despite the poor reviews from people, I was still expecting the game to have some kind of redeaming value but sadly it doesn't feature anything that stands out as being well done. I'm going to guess that GameSpot will be giving this a 4.0; anything higher just doesn't seem right.

Also, TimeGate Studios is the team that developed this, although it's been passed between many studios during its development as well; Gearbox was only involved in the MP aspects, and even MP is quite poor.

#29 Posted by kordy6 (2 posts) -

after playing the game on and off for 4 days......if it ismore than 4/10 then the score has been bought and payed for by developers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 Posted by Eagle_2004 (28 posts) -
Ha ha...i posted on this games as well.....if it got over a 6.0 after i played it...i'd blow myself!! I think i'm safe!
#31 Posted by avalanche814 (240 posts) -

[QUOTE="aphex79"]I have just played it and it will be less than 4. maybe a demented fanboy could give it the odd 7 or 8 due to complete denial but the masses of completely dejected and angry real people will give it 0. not because it's the worst game ever, but the disappointment of the final product will blind us with fury and we will FEEL like it's the worst game ever. The graphics are so bad it feels retro, the story and writing are so bad they hurt. but the gameplay; the gameplay is shocking. I could sit here telling you funny things like how this game hurts my ass or something, but there is nothing funny about the depths this game reaches. In 25 years of gaming I have never seen anything as fraudulent as this game. I will give everyone on this forum a Bangkok handshake if this game scores over 4. It shouldn't score over 1, this is my pick for worst game ever.lamprey263

This is how I feel as well. I read countless reviews from early copy owners, pirated copy owners and some actual reviews from game magazines. After reading those I got worried, so I spoiled the entire game and went to youtube and watched a playthrough from beginning to end in 720p resolution.

I have to agree, the graphics are not polished, the characters are not memorable, the storyline may end up pushing people away from the Aliens films if this is a true sequal to Aliens (forget Alien 3 and Res). The single player customization is only for weapons which you only get like 10 customizations each weapon. There are only like 6 different types of alien providing the same rush and defend play (facehugger, drone,warrior, elite, crusher, queen. VAGUE SPOILER

There is a returning member from the movies that will undoubtedly tick off many Aliens fans.

The only good thing I see that they did not do is add the predators to the game. That would have undoubtedly put the nail in the coffin.

I was so hyped for this game, and I am glad I have done my research. Perhaps I will rent it tomorrow and my mind will change, but from what I have seen, it would have to be a huge improvement. I dont like the Halo series what so ever, but they charge the same $59,99 for Halo as they do for Colonial Marines. Now put the graphics, mechanics, and storylines side by side, and ask yourself if Colonial Marines is worth $60.