do not buy it, do not look at it, only pain and suffering await. do not buy it.

#1 Posted by aphex79 (25 posts) -
I have just played this game and I am as angry as I have ever been. I have signed up just to be able to warn people about this game. It is unplayable, don't believe any trailer or marketing **** The graphics are pure 2003, the story and writing are pain inducing and the gameplay mechanics are so absolutely terrible it actually takes a while for it to sink in; you're playing thinking "a game cannot possibly be this bad, I must be having a stroke or an acid flashback" then you realise, to your horror, that it's that bad, and worse. Then the anger builds. How could they manipulate this into okay-looking trailers, how can they charge top level price for what is below-bargain-bin gameplay? And how could I fall for it? I hate everyone who is involved in the making and selling of this perversion of technology, and I hate myself for buying it. My mommy always said there were no monsters, no real ones, but there are, and this is one of them.
#2 Posted by billlabowski (58 posts) -

Poor kid. Makes an account just to bash one game. I'll just leave this here for you.

http://i.imgur.com/ZQYR41i.png

#3 Posted by 4-Legged-Shark (1031 posts) -

Poor kid. Makes an account just to bash one game. I'll just leave this here for you.

billlabowski
ouch.... maybe he is telling the truth and actually trying to warn us?
#4 Posted by billlabowski (58 posts) -

No. All he's done is made a new account to bash the game he's never played. Play the game and judge for yourself. What he's doing is spamming every forum or article that says "Aliens: Colonial Marines". He's not doing anything productive, just being a waste of CNET bandwidth and giving false accusations. 

#5 Posted by DarksjeiK (56 posts) -

I got a bad vibe from the previews I read...ah man I hope this comes up at least half decent... I'm not looking for a jawdropping experience, just something decent... but the fact there aren't any reviews out yet probably means it's under lockdown and games that are under review lockdown until the day of release are usually stinkers...:( 

#6 Posted by Alucard_Prime (3648 posts) -

Well the graphics looked fine in the 2 hours IGN playthrough....sorry to call your bluff OP.

#7 Posted by aphex79 (25 posts) -
nope, i live in Australia, game was released at eb games this morning, definately played it. will i get an apology when you play it and see I was right? I have never posted a thing on any forum, ever, until this morning. this is not some sad little kid being anti, this is a real person trying to warn you. you can believe the crud put up by the company trying to sell you this game or someone who's played it, up to you. i understand the internet is basically just people pissing on things, i understand you want to think that's what this is. one of us will be vindicated when your hard-earned money is in the pocket of the people who produced this lie and you are either happy with what they gave you or not. let me know either way, just trying to stop people wasting their money like I just did. you'll go "oh, the graphics aren't bad" then "I like the atmosphere" and "they are using the music and sounds from the movie, so it must be good". I was genuinely scared of my first alien run-in, then the true game mechanics kicked in and I was shocked, not by the aliens but by the fact this game plays like quake 2 at best. anyhoo, all I'm saying is wait, save your money, look at metacritic in a week, if the user score is higher than 4 i will give you a great big humble apology and say i was a great big anti douche.
#8 Posted by aphex79 (25 posts) -
[QUOTE="billlabowski"]

4-Legged-Shark
ouch.... maybe he is telling the truth and actually trying to warn us?

thanks for the belief by the way, i know it's hard not to discount any criticism as some sad idiot with the complainy-pants on, but you are spot on, I played the game and just felt i had to warn people. I'm not bothered by the disbelief, i expected it. I scoured the internet for some kind of review before i bought it, I was picking up xcom, saw it had been released early and just grabbed it as a reflex. i have been regretting it all day. anyway, cheers mate.
#9 Posted by Eagle_2004 (28 posts) -

No...he's not kidding. The game is actually that bad. If you were to look around the forums here, you'd see that he's not the only one who feels this way after playing the game.

I played the game, and it sucks donkey balls. I even said in my OP that if this game gets above a 6.0, that i'd blow myself.

Go ahead and be a non-believer. When the rapture comes, your gonna be left behind....playing your piece of s**t Aliens game, while the rest of us are saving our money for something better.

Or you could wait a month, and i can almost guarantee the price will be down to $39

Your choice.

#10 Posted by Fizzman (9886 posts) -

It looks pretty terrible.  My hype for the game died considerably as soon as i started to watch gameplay trailers.  

#11 Posted by SNESNOSTALGIA2 (133 posts) -

Did anyone think it would be good? Lol if so you are an idiot. Huge aliens fan here btw not bias 

#12 Posted by Spudtaco (50 posts) -

I'm sorry to agree with you too bro. We got the game early here in Nz because of what happened in Oz and the game is okay at best. I love the Aliens franchise, but the graphics are old looking, the hit detection is a bit wonky and there are parts where you wonder how the f**k the team mates got into the colonial marines.

It is up to you guys though, but I like this guy warned people on New Zealand gaming websites as well that the game is flawed. Don't get angry, we just provide the other side instead of just listening to Randy Pitchford saying how many times he J****d his pants when he played the game.But what do i know? I'm just a grunt right :P

#13 Posted by aphex79 (25 posts) -

No. All he's done is made a new account to bash the game he's never played. Play the game and judge for yourself. What he's doing is spamming every forum or article that says "Aliens: Colonial Marines". He's not doing anything productive, just being a waste of CNET bandwidth and giving false accusations. 

billlabowski
so the verdict seems to be in, and one of us was right. can you guess which one? funny, you flagged my comments and followed me all around the board, but i haven't heard from you in a while? metacritic score of 3.9 (missed by .1, but pretty close hey?) I would really like to know if you bought the game and what you thought. I got my money back by the way, and i warned a few people off wasting theirs. I'd say i've done my good deed for the week. don't worry about the apology, i'm happy just to have helped.
#14 Posted by Shadow128 (627 posts) -

No. All he's done is made a new account to bash the game he's never played. Play the game and judge for yourself. What he's doing is spamming every forum or article that says "Aliens: Colonial Marines". He's not doing anything productive, just being a waste of CNET bandwidth and giving false accusations. billlabowski

Sounds like someone is dining on humble pie tonight. Spoiler alert: it's you.

Is it really that hard to believe that someone played the game, realized just how terrible it is, and then came to the forums to warn people so they don't blow their money on it? Regardless of how hyped you were for it, the game is bad; and yes, I got it as well, played it, and completely regret it.

#15 Posted by mbkgen (25 posts) -

Well the game's pretty bad and not at all like what the fans expected it to be, i am pretty disappointed with it. But its not that bad like the guy in the first post put it lol