I really wanted to like the game. Even after paying $60 for the game and playing it most of today, I tried to convince myself I made a decent purchase. Ultimately I have accepted this is a mediocre to bad game.
My issues with the game:
~6 hour single player campaign
- texture pop ins, screen tearing, clipping and other graphical glitches
- inferior graphics for today stanards, looks like an average 2007 game at best
- laughable AI; feels like I am fighting resident evil zombies, not aliens
- poor story and cinematics; no lip synching? come on!
- linear levels, no variety except for on stealth level.
- unbalanced multiplayer (this could be because I this is the first day many have played the game)
- Co-op doesn't work. Why? Because in addition to your human controlled teamates, the AI bots from SP still play alongside your team. Hard too move, very crowded!
- difficulty is a joke, breezed through this on normal, highest difficulty setting still hasn't offered a challenge so far (stopped playing it after 2 hours into it on thise difficulty as I felt there was no point)
I don't know what happened here, because this was in development for a few years yet it feels rushed and poorly designed/put together. I am an aliens fan, and I really wanted this to be a good game that I was happy with, I seriously doubt I'll play this at all after today. If you much play this game, please rent it! So many great games coming out next few weeks, save your money for those games. Do not make the same mistake as me! Hope this helps anyone on the fence