A story on LV-426 just doesn't make sense.

#1 Posted by tomo90 (2244 posts) -

I'm really curious as to how this game can explain why there are Queen's on LV-426 and why there appears to be plenty of xenos. In Aliens we're told there existed about 70 families of lets say 4 on Hadleys Hope, so thats 280 potential hosts and thus 280 xeno's. This realistically would be far less considering some of the colonists would have been killed trying to fight off the xenos. Granted one of these colonists would play host to the queen we see, who later boards the Sulaco. That leaves one queen and around 250-280 drones. The number of drones must have been at least quartered by Ripley and the marines by the end of the film and the final nuclear explosion would have at least quartered them again. Not to mention the queen leaves the planet and is later killed. So that leaves about 140 xenos on the planet with no queen and no hosts. How do they survive or pose much of a threat to that many marines? And how do they find more hosts for the queen we see? I'm sure the game will explain this massive plot hole. Just seems a bit difficult to do so...

#2 Posted by Justinps2hero (2172 posts) -
Yeah, I hear that. Been a massive fan of Alien/Aliens, but when they started meddling like that monstrosity at the end of Alien4 & merging the Alien & Predator, god damn it Hollywood, stop before you damage the originals! It then makes you worry about the games. Its too easy to sell off a well known series, even if the quality is lacking. Colonial Marines sounded exciting, but the more I hear, the more I think it will be a blot on the Alien universe, The Marines are going to be annoying, especially compared to the brilliantly cast hero's of the 2nd movie, they are adding different types of big arse bashing Aliens & to top it all QTE, I hate those game killing sequence events...................aaaarrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh! This games dog meat pal, dog meat.
#3 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

Yeah I really want to like this game but the gameplay just looks more and more meh, and the story is just implausible for the most part.

In Aliens it was confirmed that the destruction of the terraformer would be enough to destroy the base, that was the whole point. I can get passed a new alien queen, as it seems to me a plausible scenario in the case of the original queen dying, a new one would be chosen or created through the 'hive' mind. Assuming as well that the aliens capture marines on the sly at the beginning of the game then we could see how they could take that many marines on. Remember the aliens are stealth predators.

However it still seems 'out there' even for the aliens franchise, and the setting is always going to be annoyingly idiotic. They could of set the game on literally ANY new planet, but it seems they went the implausible scenario simply to save time in having to come up with an original world, which should of taken an hour at most to get the basics. Which in turn just screams to me the development of this game will be completely uninspired and rushed to completion.

#4 Posted by Justinps2hero (2172 posts) -
Which in turn just screams to me the development of this game will be completely uninspired and rushed to completion. _________________________________________ Also known as, cashing in. Oh Hollywood, sometimes just slow down & think.
#5 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (783 posts) -
Hadleys Hope probably wasnt the only settlement on LV-426. And I may be wrong here, but Im pretty sure that if there isnt a Queen in the area, then one of the xenomorphs turn into a queen. I know Ive heard that somewhere from a reliable source, but for the life of me, I cant think of where.
#6 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

Hadleys hope was the only settlement on LV-426, and it is quite clear the one we see in the game is the same one from the film.

That said, since my original post I've come to a conclussion that imo is the only logical explanation, going by the theory that the nuclear detonation didn't destroy Hadleys Hope entirely.

What if Wayland-Yutani went back after LV-426 and found live xenos still intact? What if they decided the left overs from the colony could be salvaged into a makeshift testing ground for xeno experimentation? What if they then transported tons of material to build a secret observation area on the planet, and as many different creatures as they could to experiment with?

What if the 'charger' alien we see is the result of one of these experiments? A rhino perhaps? The marines haven't really been sent in to check out the place and search for survivors, they've been sent into to test the xenos potential. They might not even be the first.

#7 Posted by WorldPredator (47 posts) -

Anyone who has followed this franchise over the years knows the Company's desire to get an Alien in their hands eventually leads to humanity losing Earth.  The idea that somehow after sacrificing a few hundred people they wouldn't do it again or in larger numbers seems kind of foolish.  I will not pass judgement on this game until it comes out and I am still excited and don't see this as a plot hole.

#8 Posted by TheoTziokos (5 posts) -
Yes.I agree.Let's check out the game first.I believe a lot,if not all,questions about the scenario of the game will be answered.
#9 Posted by TheoTziokos (5 posts) -

Actually,Hadley's Hope was the only colony on LV-426.As for the alien warrior turning into a Queen,it never happened in an Alien movie,but in the 2010 game Aliens versus Predator by Rebellion.

#10 Posted by hman123456 (1 posts) -
I bet you get invited to lots of parties...
#11 Posted by grumpytrooper (10 posts) -
i am actually looking forward to this game , i hope they dont mess it up like the 2010 version .....
#12 Posted by russell_1 (230 posts) -

I bet you get invited to lots of parties...hman123456

This, right here...

It's a game with acid-spewing aliens with completely unrealistic biology and life cycle, yet you're upset by the number of people on this fictional colony?

Here's another plot hole while we're at it: it's 2200AD, why do they still use human soldiers and not giant killer death robots that shoot lasers out of their eyes?

Oh that's right, artistic license to distort the rules of reality in order to make a suspenseful or otherwise compelling work of fiction.

#13 Posted by redcastle60187 (314 posts) -
to be honest though, there's the Space Jockey ship which is still chock full of live eggs (aliens special edition) as one of those eggs hatched a facehugger onto newts Dads face. so couldnt one of those produce an Alien Queen? the Alien Queen in Ripleys body in Alien3 came from a standard looking face hugger. When the marines are looking at the locator tags of the colonists on the interactive map table there are no way near 50 let alone 280 dots on the map (unless my memory serves me wrong and they are live readings. how many aliens die in the movie? less than 100 easily. maybe the company sent another scientific team to analyse the specimens caught in the Lv426 lab. they jusy didnt tell the marines that because it contradicted their mission and revealed the Companys ulterior motive. just a few thoughs off the top of my head. i think theres plenty of scope to go with. just because a detail isnt in the film, it doesnt mean it isnt happening elsewhere in the same timeframe.
#14 Posted by triryche32 (4 posts) -

It's a game with acid-spewing aliens with completely unrealistic biology and life cycle, yet you're upset by the number of people on this fictional colony?

Here's another plot hole while we're at it: it's 2200AD, why do they still use human soldiers and not giant killer death robots that shoot lasers out of their eyes?

Oh that's right, artistic license to distort the rules of reality in order to make a suspenseful or otherwise compelling work of fiction.

russell_1

Not to mention, No matter how badass Ripley is/was, she wore the 2200AD style of bad Reebok boots styled after bad 1980's Reebok boots. :roll: :lol: We should know the label was prominently shown many times.

#15 Posted by InquisitorCrox (616 posts) -
The Aliens movie/universe had plenty of plot holes, but this game is shaping up as the plot hole champion! Yes i can conform that we are back at Hadley's hope, but when you see what they did with Sulaco and how did they tried to justify comat with comp... other human, you will understand...
#16 Posted by DNYCE (87 posts) -

Striaght from Ripley's mouth to Burke: " ... just like they'll know you were responsible for the deaths of 157 colonists..." That seems to be a pretty definitive number that she looked up before she confronted him... So figure that after the first Hive battle, the few dozen or so Xeno's that the Robot Sentries took out (for the Noobs: check out the extended/directors cut,) the operations room battle, and the several that Ripley took out during Newt's rescue, there really shouldn't be endless hordes of Aliens to go through.

Also like someone mentioned before: that nuclear blast should have incinerated most of the base, so what the hell type of layout are they going to be exploring?

Love the Aliens-passion in this room, glad to see I'm not alone in hoping they don't screw up this follow-up to the best entry in the series...

#17 Posted by Spudtaco (50 posts) -
Maybe a nature channel? David Attenborough maybe? when he was talking about Ants.....no I mean Bee's, bee's have hives. ;p i remember seeing Hadleys Hope II when they rode up too so you may be right
#18 Posted by TheoTziokos (5 posts) -

I actually loved this game.I bought the limited edition of the game and I loved it.Only the graphics could be much better,in my opinion.

#19 Posted by shaenebuffster (3 posts) -
Hope this helps. Hadleys Hope had a population of 158. With Newt the only survivor thats why Ripley accuses Burke of killing 157 Colonists in that dramatic scene where she tells him of the Colony Log Entry where Burke sent the colonists to the co ordinates without even warning them. So theres even less Aliens at the end of the movie.