Alan Wake's American Nightmare brings a cool little chapter to the psychological thriller franchise.

User Rating: 9 | Alan Wake's American Nightmare X360
Graphics: 9/10 The graphics, like those of the original game and downloadable content, are very sharp and detailed. The desert scenery and night skies are pleasant to look at. The only downside is, as with the first game, screen tearing.

Sound: 9/10 The sound is also very clear and solid. The voice work is well done, as always, and the soundtrack is really good. This game plays on the sound strengths of the original game. The only downside here is the lack of voices on the Taken which added to the original game.

Control: 10/10 This game carries on the original game's control scheme; as a result, the combat and movement controls are as solid as ever.

Content: 8/10 This game provides a cool little chapter to add on to the Alan Wake franchise, which, when it was released almost two years ago, was one of the most original games I have ever played. The franchise is still one of my favorites of this generation, and American Nightmare only adds to it. The story is consistent with the rest of the franchise in that it maintains an air of uncertainty about Alan's situation and progress in escaping the Dark Place.

The only thing I have to complain about content-wise is that, later on, the game gets repetitive. I understand that this is part of the story, but something more original later on would have done nicely. Another beef one might have is the lack of daytime sequences which add to the atmosphere, like the original game.

Overall, I highly recommend this chapter of the Alan Wake franchise.