NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO & ALL US TERRITORIES), AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE AND OWN AN XBOX 360 GAME OR A PS3 CONSOLE, AS OF 5/9/12. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. U.S LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SWEEPSTAKES ENEDS AT 11:59 PM PT ON 5/24/12. SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR DETAILS.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with, Microsoft and/or Sony.
Overview of Sweepstakes:
Welcome to the Achievement Challenge (the "Sweepstakes"). The Sweepstakes is based on the video game Prototype 2 (the “Game”). Participants must own a PS3 or an Xbox 360 game console, have access to a copy of the Game and have a PS3 PSN ID or an Xbox Live Gamer Tag (collectively, the "Gamer ID"). The Sweepstakes will require the players to play the Game as part of the participation requirements, players will need to unlock required achievements and complete the Challenges within the Game, to be eligible to compete for the Prize (as defined below).
1) Eligibility. Sweepstakes is offered and open to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence, own a PS3 or an XBOX 360 Game console, a copy of the game Prototype 2 as of 5/9/12 and be registered users (i.e. successfully obtain user ID and Password) ("Registered Users") of Gamespot.com (as defined below). Not eligible to enter are employees or agents of Sweepstakes Entities their parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in their households. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all US Territories and Possessions, outside of the U.S and where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state & local laws & regulations.
2) Registering and Participating in Sweepstakes. To register for the Sweepstakes, go to www.gamespot.com\prototype2 -achievements-challenge, if you are not a Registered User you may register and obtain user identification ("ID") and associated password ("Password") for GameSpot by going to http://www.gamespot.com ("GameSpot.com"). You will be asked to click on the link to "sign up free" and fill out the registration form in its entirety and successfully submit same. There is no fee to become a Registered User. You may then go to the Game (Prototype 2) section within GameSpot.com to register for the Sweepstakes and play the Game portion of the Sweepstakes on your PS3 or XBOX 360 Console. There is no fee to register for or participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes begins on 5/10/12 and ends on 5/24/2012 at 11:59 PM PT (the “Promotional Period”). Once you have completed the information requested, click where instructed to submit your Sweepstakes registration. Registrants must complete entire registration form, successfully submit same and play the Game on their PS3 or XBOX 360 Console in order to be eligible for a Prize consideration. The use of automated software or website to register or play the Game is prohibited.
THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE REGISTRATION PER PARTICIPANT.
3. Here's how to play: First, participants ("players" and/or "participants") will need to create a GameSpot user account. As a part of this process, you will have to provide your Gamer ID. Providing the Gamer ID will allow Administrator to track specific gaming activities, specifically what game a player chooses and the achievements participants has unlocked. Once you have created your account, you will be asked to play the PS3 or XBOX 360 Version of the Game on your PS3 or XBOX 360 Console and unlock 10 specific achievements in the game.
Specific Achievements players need to unlock are the followings:
Achievement Name "How To" Description
One by One Stealth Consume 50 Blackwatch troopers
Arcade Action Karate Kick a helicopter
Murder Your Maker Complete the game
Over-Equipped Weaponize 10 vehicles
Compulsive Eater 5 consumes in 10 seconds or less
It's an Epidemic Complete MEET YOUR MAKER
Just a Flesh Would Dismember a Brawler
Icarus Reach the highest point in the world
The Floor is Lava Travel a half mile using only Wall Run, Glide, Jump and Air Dash
So Above It All Spend at least 25 consecutive seconds in the air (helicopters don't count)
4) Release. Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, "Releasees") assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate registration information, human error or technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures unauthorized access of any computer/telephone/wireless telephone equipment, wireless device or software, or any combination thereof. Registrations become the property of the Sponsor. Participants who submit inaccurate registration data and/or exceed the registration limits may be excluded from participation at any time during or after the Sweepstakes. By registering, registrants agree to be bound by these rules ("Official Rules") and consent to use by Sponsor and its designees of their names &/or photographs for advertising or publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
5) Prizes, Determining Winners. There are two tiers of prizes offered in the Sweepstakes, a grand prize ("Grand Prize") and runner-up prizes (“Runner-up Prizes”) (Grand Prize and Runner-up Prizes collectively, the “Prize(s)”). All eligible participant(s) that successfully complete all 10 achievements will be put into a random Prize drawing to determine the Grand Prize winner and Runner-up Prizes winners. Administrator will be the official time keeper of the Sweepstakes.
6. Odds/Drawing/Winner Notification. Odds of winning the Grand Prize or a Runner-up Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received from participants that completed all 10 achievements during Promotional Period. On or about 5/25/12, the random Prize(s) drawings will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. In the event there is an insufficient amount of participants that completed all 10 achievements to award all Prizes, all participants that accomplished the highest level of achievements will be put into the Grand Prize drawing and Runner-up drawing(s) as applicable. In the event there are less than 11 participants that didn't achieve the same highest level of achievements, remaining Prizes will be awarded at random amongst all participants that achieve the prior highest level of achievements, and so on until all prizes are awarded. In the event there are less than eleven (11) participants in the sweepstakes, remaining Prizes will not be awarded. Potential Grand Prize winner and Runner-up winner(s) will be notified by email and/or by phone within 30 days of the drawing date. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only two (2) attempts for new alternates per Prize will be conducted. If attempts fail, unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
Grand Prize: The Grand Prize will consist of one (1) $500 Gift Card approximate retail value ("ARV") of Five Hundred US Dollars (US$500.00).
Runner-up Prizes: Up to Ten (10) Runner-up Prize winners will each receive Prototype Ultimate Edition Game with an ARV of Eighty US Dollars (PS3 or XBOX) ($80.00) each.
Total maximum ARV of all prizes to be awarded is One Thousand Three Hundred US Dollars ($1,300.00).
8) Prize Restrictions. Certain restrictions may apply on Gift Card and will be furnished upon delivery of the Grand Prize. Prize winners are solely responsible for all other costs and expenses related to the Prizes. Each Prize winner must meet the eligibility requirements in these Official Rules. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes are the responsibility of each Prize winner. The Prizes are nontransferable. All income and other taxes are the sole responsibility of each Prize winner. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of the Prize(s) is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should a Prize become unavailable. Prizes are solely for Prize winner's use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the sole responsibility of each Prize winner(s). All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
9) Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release: Prize winners may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential Prize winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
Publicity Release Terms: Except where prohibited by law, the acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use a Prize winner name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
10) Internet. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, network overload (Internet/phone/cellular/wireless device), fraud, technical failures on site, PS3 and/or XBOX 360 Console or otherwise, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should any part of this Sweepstakes be terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to select winner(s) from among all eligible, non-suspect registrations with the highest level of achievements as of the action requiring such termination. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any PS3 or XBOX 360 Console, telephone network (wired or wireless) or telephone lines, wireless device, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computation of point totals, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer and/or wireless device relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes or for any other printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the tabulation of points related to unlocking a challenge, the announcement of Prizes, Prize winners, human or typographical errors or in any Sweepstakes-related materials.
11) Improper Conduct. Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party (e.g. Administrator) in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor and/or Administrator may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12) Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, network overload (Internet/phone/cellular/wireless device), or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and award the prizes to the eligible Players who has reached the highest level of achievements prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Sponsor and/or Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13) Lost or Corrupted Sweepstakes Registration. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible registration, on site, PS3, XBOX 360 or otherwise or postage due mail, if applicable; or for any computer, wireless device, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14) Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer, PS3 and/or XBOX 360 Console, wireless device or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15) Sweepstakes Errors. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16) Prize Winners and Prizes. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliates and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a prize winner, or the distribution of a prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part any prize and/or any injury or damage to Participant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a prize or any part of any of the Sweepstakes.
17) Release and Indemnity. Each Participant in each Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winners, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in any of these Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to any of the Sweepstakes.
18) Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19) Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20) Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on an e-mail address and/or Gamer ID, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider (or as shown on the carrier's billing records) or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address associated with the provider.
21) Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22) Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23) Winners List/Official Rules Requests: To obtain the name of the Achievement Challenge Sweepstakes Prize winners, available after 5/31/12, mail a self addressed stamped envelope ("SASE") to: CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 Attn: Achievement Challenge Sweepstakes Winner List. Requests received after 5/31/12 will not be honored. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules mail a SASE to: CBS Interactive Inc. 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309, Attn: Achievement Challenge Sweepstakes Rules Request. Requests received after 5/24/12 will not be honored. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage for Official Rules request.