AQWBlaZer91 Channel Update: 29/04/2024 – PS3 Online Servers Shutting Down in 2024?

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

So, I have read a blog that Sony is planning an update for the PS3 which will shut down the online services for the PS3 which will include the PS3 Online Play and also the PlayStation Store. Back in 2021 Sony originally wanted to shut down the PSN Store for the PS3 and also the PSVita and when they announced that back then fans grew upset at Sony and gave out partitions to persuade Sony to keep them open and then they did. Sony now knows that that they are a few years into the PS5's life and by now they can't possibly keep the PlayStation Store on the PS3 any longer and are now planning to shut down the Online Support for the PS3 this year. I can imagine that they are also going to shut down the PlayStation Store for the PSVita as well.

Although Sony has not officially confirmed when they are going to release the update to end the support for the Online for the PS3 but I fear that it will likely by either in a month or maybe two or three months or maybe in a couple of weeks or worse. So, I can maybe we won't have much time now with the PS3's Online now before it shuts down for good and might want to consider doing any of the PlayStation 3 Online Games that still has online servers running and get on with doing the online Trophies for them before they shut down the Online Play.

For this reason, after reading the blog I am going to be writing down a list of the Online PlayStation 3 games in my possession currently that still has servers online and then get to work on getting as many digital PS3/PSP/PSVita games that I want to get and also the DLC for each of those games before it's too late.

I also decided to delete some of games that I was spending too much time with so that I can start spending time working on new things, I finished Tales of Arise's DLC Beyond the Dawn and so I removed that game from my PS4's hard drive. I am working on doing Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection's Platinum Trophy and I recently did a game review on that.

Then there is one of the Online Multiplayer games that I have spent a ton of hours playing and that is Splitgate, I used to do videos on it and play it a fair ton every day but however with the studio focusing their efforts with their new game project. They have decided to do no more updates or patch fixes for the game and I should realize that I have all of the challenges and Trophies/Achievements done for it that I should move on from it. As much as I would like to continue playing that game to maybe work on completing the Ranked Match Medals or maybe work on improving my rank on the Ranked Matches but however because of the recent blog I will for real this time have to drop Splitgate for good and move onto a new game.

Now my main focus is getting as many of the PS3/PSVita Online Trophies done as much as I can on top of working on more game review of some of the games, I have been playing a long time back before I start off on any new projects which includes Splitgate and it is time to move away from that game and do some new projects.

So, for those who would have wanted me to tackle all of the game modes of Splitgate I can't do anymore of it and moving on. I think I did a good number of gameplay videos of that on my Youtube Channel and I did a great job making them. I'm glad a number of people got to check out my videos of Splitgate and enjoy it.

So, I'm working on doing the last of the Tales of Arise Beyond the Dawn videos and then start working on the Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection videos on my Youtube Channel. As for the Game Reviews on my Gamespot Channel I will be concentrating on a few cheap easy to Platinum Trophy Indie Games as well as some of the Battle Royale games, I have been wanting to tackle for a while. Thankfully after removing Splitgate I can start getting myself together and start working on some new projects. Hope you'll look forward to what I'll work on soon.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)